DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i dropped my truck off at aamco monday morning. they checked it and found out it needed a rebuild due to low pressure and failing torque converter.

well i was told it was going to be ready yesterday and i got there at around five and it wasn't ready yet. they told me they put it back together and checked everything, and said the pressure was too high, so they need to tear it back apart to check again. that maybe they need to replace the governor sensor/transducer? well my question is, i just replaced the governor pressure sensor,solenoid, tcc and od solonoids a week before. so can they be bad already, or could those cause the high pressure?

i don't see how it read low pressure before they took it apart and now its reading hi pressure? and they also told me i needed a heavy duty tc with it being 4x4, so they hit me up for like 349 for a damn converter, does that sound about right?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
Aamco's are rip off places,it sounds like they don't know what they are doing. What are the specs on your truck (engine,year etc.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01 ram 1500 5.2 4x4. everything is stock i believe. i have only had it for about three weeks. well the tires are a lil bigger 305/?/16. but other than that i don't think anything else has been done to it that i can tell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well i picked it up and it seems to drive good. it doesn't take as much pedal to accelerate now as it did. but it seems to still be going into overdrive (i think) around 35 or so with the button off. i feel the 1-2, then 2-3, and then it drops to around 1500 rpm around 30-40 i guess. is that overdrive kicking in? i had the button off and it still was dropping? i'm supposed to take it back in ten days for the check up. but ill just get it on the highway and drive it sum and see. when i first tested teh button it kicked out of od when i pushed the button so i dunno. we'll see

·
Banned
177 Posts
i think what you are feeling is the tc locking up. Did they replace the tc? if so what rpm lockup is it? dose this fit with the rpm drop off. did you get or have you thought of getting a temp gauge? what was it doing? did they just say u needed a new tranny, and they could redo it quick? also a deep pan for that extra qt.

b

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah they replaced the converter, but i don't know with what brand or what kind. but now that i think of it i think it is the converter locking up. the only problem i have noticed now is it downshifting like crazy going over overpasses when in cruise control. other than that i think its ok for now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The tv cable might need alittle adjusting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.