DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum, I have a 2012 Avenger 2.4L base model. My problem is, is that lets say while I am making a " California Stop" it downshifts rough going into the last 2 gears, then as I get back into the gas it seems to lock up, seemingly almost killing the engine, but comes out of it once it does this. This car only has 6500 miles on it. Also I noticed the intake hose going from the cleaner housing to intake is rubbing very hard into the wire harness enough that it has worn thru the loom and into the wires. It has not worn thru the insulation of the wires just into the loom itself. I will be taking this car into the dealership, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems like this with their trans doing this weird downshifting.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi forum, I have a 2012 Avenger 2.4L base model. My problem is, is that lets say while I am making a " California Stop" it downshifts rough going into the last 2 gears, then as I get back into the gas it seems to lock up, seemingly almost killing the engine, but comes out of it once it does this. This car only has 6500 miles on it. Also I noticed the intake hose going from the cleaner housing to intake is rubbing very hard into the wire harness enough that it has worn thru the loom and into the wires. It has not worn thru the insulation of the wires just into the loom itself. I will be taking this car into the dealership, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems like this with their trans doing this weird downshifting.

Toxic,

There was a software flash released for shift improvements if you have the 6 speed transmission. If you have an SE you probably have the 4 speed but I am posting TSB just in case.

NUMBER: 18-020-12
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: July 20, 2012

SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination P2173 - High Airflow/Vacuum Leak Detected (Slow Accumulation)
And Transmission Shift Improvements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) with new software.
MODELS:
2011 - 2012 (JS) 200/Avenger
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicle equipped with a 2.4L engine (sales code ED3
or EDG) with California emissions, 50 State emissions or Federal emissions
(sales codes NAE, NAS or NAA) and an automatic transmission (sales codes
DG2, or DFF) built before July 21, 2012 (MDH 0721XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
MIL Illumination:
The customer may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon
further investigation the Technician may find that P2173 - High Airflow/Vacuum Leak
Detected (Slow Accumulation) has been set active or stored. No other symptoms or
conditions will exist with the MIL light.
This condition happens after descending a long grade.
Transmission Shift Improvements:
The customer may also experience any of the following shifting concerns:
i. 3rd to 2nd downshift clunk or bump (2012 6 speeds models only)
ii. 4th to 3rd downshift clunk or bump (2012 6 speeds models only)
iii. 1st to 2nd upshift clunk or bump (2012 6 speeds models only)
iv. 4th to 5th upshift clunk or bump (2012 6 speeds models only)
v. 5th to 6th upshift clunk or bump (2012 6 speeds models only)
vi. RPM Fluctuating or Jerking feeling between 60 MPH (96 KPH) to 70 MPH (112
KPH) while operating in cruise control(2011 and 2012 4 speed and 6 speeds
models)
Updating the software will correct all the conditions listed above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.