DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to how many of you use AMSOIL tranny fluid in your trucks. I take it that the AMSOIL tranny fluid is synthetic too.
I am also thinking of having a drain plug put in to the tranny pan so I can change the oil more frequent to keep it cleaner. I see no need to flush if this is done. I have asked about this topic and have had replies and most do not believe it is necessary to flush if you keep the oil changed at regular intervals.
I am open to all opinions.

·
Official DT Amsoil Dealer
697 Posts
My 2 cents. There are MANY people that are members of this forum that are running the AMSOIL ATF and I have NEVER had a single complaint voiced to me. I am sure you will get people below himming and hawing about ATF+4 this, and ATF+4 that but the bottom line is this fluid has the fluid requirements of ATF+4 met and IT WORKS.

I think the drain plug is a great idea. I wish all pans came from the factory with drain plugs in them.

The AMSOIL ATF is a synthetic fluid.

Ken

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks Ken, im the guy u just talked to on the phone, thanks again for all the info.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
o2man98 said:
My 2 cents. There are MANY people that are members of this forum that are running the AMSOIL ATF and I have NEVER had a single complaint voiced to me. I am sure you will get people below himming and hawing about ATF+4 this, and ATF+4 that but the bottom line is this fluid has the fluid requirements of ATF+4 met and IT WORKS.

I think the drain plug is a great idea. I wish all pans came from the factory with drain plugs in them.

The AMSOIL ATF is a synthetic fluid.

Ken

I made just about the same reply in another tread a few days ago. I have researched since 2003 the use of Amsoil ATF as a substitute for OEM ATF+4 in the 45 & 5 45RFE auto trans & I can not find anyone saying it created a problem.

The majority say that there is a big improvement in the shifting. As Ken eluded to many techs/people say don't use it or it won't work, but I haven't found any problems as of yet.

I said it before & I'll say it again -- If anyone knows of or had a problem using Amsoil ATF instead of OEM ATF+4 please post it and make it known.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.