DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my truck back from the transmission shop yesterday. P0733, P0734, and P0735 were the codes that came up. so i knew i was gunna have to have it rebuilt soon. then one day it went to limp mode so i knew i couldn't put it off any more. so i took it to them and $2215 later. it shifts a little different. they said that the quick learn hasn't learned my driving style yet. so when i check my fluid level its a 1/2" about the full mark. so i drove over to the shop and ask them about it. they said that they do it on purpose. they have 27years of experience so i would like to believe them but it seems weird. why would there be a full line if it wasn't meant for the fluid to stop there? they said that in some truck when they turn fast the fluid moves so much that it could suck air. but what he told me about my truck is that if i were to check the fluids when i was driving they would be at the full mark. any info is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Did you check the fluid while it was warmed up, idling in park after running through the gears? Thats when to check it. If it reads half way up the hashes, add as needed, but don't overfill it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went for a 20min drive. went through the gears stopping at every gear and ending in park. and its high by about 1/2". they said they always add that much on purpose. y? i doesnt make sense to me... what will happen if it stays at that height?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Your good. 1/2 inch above the full line is just fine. Mines an inch over the line all the time after warm up. Sometimes it just doesnt get to that "perfect" full line. Your good to go. Keep us updated on the shifting. If it starts to feel like it slips, or stalls going into drive or gear when warm, it is more than likely a filter issue. But I bet your going to be good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool i thought it was weird bc i always thought it had to be at that perfect spot thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.