DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealer said he would do a 100% tranny fluid change for 120 dollars . I ask if this included filters and he told me the filter only needed cleaning not changing. Do tranny filters in dodge trucks never need changin?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You ALWAY change the filter(s)! Clean and reuse? Oh please = RIP OFF!

·
Banned
524 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called a 2nd dealer and they want 139.95 for the change. This dealer also said the 04 rams have a wire mesh instead of a filter and it only needs cleaned. That makes 2 dealers that say no filters.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You are listing the 545RFE tranny for your 4.7L but as the other guy said the same tranny in the HEMI Rams has 2 filters that get changed when the service is done. Not sure what you other guys are being told?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There are 2 fiters on a 45RFE. I have a 45RFE manual, and there are no screens. There are two filters, a little filter seal (rubber washer) and the bypass that needs to be checked for clogs or material.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had it changed today and when all was said and done it really cost me 143.99 instead of the 120.00 plus tax price they quoted over the phone. WHen I got home and popped he hood to check the tranny fluid there was no dip stick, found the stick laying across the radiator. wish I could have done the tranny change myself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
thats a dealership for you.they got their heads up their a$$es.that makes me wonder if they even checked it at all.it was a good thing you checked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.