DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem.... I've got a '04 1500 hemi 4wd with 41k on it. A couple of days ago I was driving down the freeway (cruise control set at 70) and as I start up a hill, when the trans is supposed to drop down a gear, its almost like the rev. limiter kicks on at 3000 rpm. It did this 3 times in a row, and hasn't done it since. My brother has nearly the same truck, and the same thing happened to him yesterday. Anyone know what it might be? :help:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'll describe a problem that's happened to me twice so you can decide if it's the same issue. When accelerating it would not go past approximately 3 - 4K even if floored. If I let off the gas it would accelerate fine until it hit somewhere between 3-4k then acted if it was out of fuel until the rpms dropped a little.

I had previously read of this problem being caused by a component in the tranny (for the life of me I can't remember what it's called) that senses N or P and activates the rev limiter. It sometimes thinks your truck is in N even though you are in drive. On both occasions, quickly put the truck in N then back to D and it worked fine. Might give this a try next time it happens.

If you have different symptoms; sorry, I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does sound pretty much like the same deal, have you had that happen more than once?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an 04 QC Hemi and have not had either problems in 55k miles. I use the cruise almost daily. Throwing any codes?
Hope you pinpoint it and get it fixed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The check engine light (or any other warning lamp) never came on, hasn't happend since, maybe its a one time deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.