DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a bagged S10, and we just upgraded his tank and compressor....so we've got the old tank (3 gal) and compressor (Air Ride Technologies) to play with...

What else would I need for those loud ass train horns? Any suggestions on where to get them? I figured the compressor and tank has to be a large chunk of the cost of them, so maybe we can get this done on the cheap....

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
if your compressor is pretty strong, shich it sounds like since it was used for air bags, then you can also upgrade to a 1/2" Valve to the horns...lets a bigger and louder blast to the horns

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
bigmac18 said:
if your compressor is pretty strong, shich it sounds like since it was used for air bags, then you can also upgrade to a 1/2" Valve to the horns...lets a bigger and louder blast to the horns
Only problem with that is that it drains your tank faster but, I guess it doesn't matter if you're doing short blasts. I upgraded to a 3/8" solenoid over my old 1/4" and it definitely made it louder!

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The compressor is Air Rides 150PSI .50CFM pump, I dont know anything about this stuff, but I figure if its strong enough to raise a S10, it'll fill up the tank just fine.
We shall see, hopefully I can get a good deal on the horns and other stuff. :D

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
slammed1 said:
Thanks for this Thread Adam,as I already have my compressor,5 gallon tank to go with my air bags and I am looking to get train horns as well.
Hi Slammed1.
I just bought through e-bay, a Mk2 Kong tripple train horn with a viair 380c 200 psi system with a 3 gallon tank from a company called Siege Engineering.
I can't wait for it to arive here in the UK ha ha ha.
They also have on e-bay, tain horns only which have a blemish in the chrome etc. They go a LOT cheaper than the others and hey, when mounted underneath the truck, who's gonna' see a slight blemish in the chrome??
Hope this helps you?
Al.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Here ypa go Slammed1.

www.ebay.com Item number: 130121078210

Al.

·
Registered
954 Posts
LPGHemi said:
Hi Slammed1.
I just bought through e-bay, a Mk2 Kong tripple train horn with a viair 380c 200 psi system with a 3 gallon tank from a company called Siege Engineering.
I can't wait for it to arive here in the UK ha ha ha.
They also have on e-bay, tain horns only which have a blemish in the chrome etc. They go a LOT cheaper than the others and hey, when mounted underneath the truck, who's gonna' see a slight blemish in the chrome??
Hope this helps you?
Al.
I got the same kit! Havent finished installing it yet due to rainy weather, but I am so anxious to finish it up. I hope it sounds as good as I think it will!

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Hi bigmac18.
I haven't got mine as yet.
According to the tracking number, my system left San Francisco yesterday and hopefully should arrive here in England soon?????
Post up and let us know what the systems like.
We need pics and video ha ha ha.
Take care.
Al.

·
Registered
954 Posts
LPGHemi said:
Hi bigmac18.
I haven't got mine as yet.
According to the tracking number, my system left San Francisco yesterday and hopefully should arrive here in England soon?????
Post up and let us know what the systems like.
We need pics and video ha ha ha.
Take care.
Al.
This system is unbelievable! I love it! it's the loudest one I have heard yet around here. I can get about a 10 second long blast out of the 3 gallon tank, but mainly use it for a few short bursts, and it holds up just fine. The compressor also fills the tank up very fast and maintains the pressure very well.

Here are some pics for ya.

Attachments

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
Sound clips?? :)

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Yeah............."sound clips" and BTW............nice install.
I'm still waiting for my horns........?
Al.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
adamsredlines said:
My buddy has a bagged S10, and we just upgraded his tank and compressor....so we've got the old tank (3 gal) and compressor (Air Ride Technologies) to play with...

What else would I need for those loud ass train horns? Any suggestions on where to get them? I figured the compressor and tank has to be a large chunk of the cost of them, so maybe we can get this done on the cheap....
If you get the Hammer 3 horns they have a solonoid built in with 3/8 fittings. you will alspo need a pressure switch to cycle the compressor on and off and a relay. you will need 3/8 air line tubing and the fitting to hook it to the tank. I got my set up from seige engineering as well. You can call them and order parts without dealing with ebay as well. (423)253-3474 I have found that Kevin there is the most knowledgable too.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I dont have a clip of mine, but here is a clip of the same horns I have, but I have a larger tank, and stronger compressor, and a larger diamiter solonoid and hose....so it is actually LOUDER!

This clip is what convinced me to get this kit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogBHm8l2MHw

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
bigmac18.Thanks for the excellent pics mate.
I'm glad your happy with the system. Mines just clearing customs and I can't wait for them to be delivered.
Al.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.