DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 1500 Quad cab with teh offroad package, and it has the class III hitch on the back. The plug that is back there isnt like any trailer plug that I have ever seen (not a 7pin, not a 4 pin, but almost like a factory plug of some sort. Anyone have any idea what that plug is for, and if there is a nice adapter to adapt that into a normal 4/7 pin?
Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine has a large circular 7 pin. Is that what your's has? I believe this is called a heavy duty 7-pin. Adapters are available at Wal mart, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. to convert to 4 pin or the smaller 7 pin.

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, this one is a rectangular 10 pin plug. Definately no trailer plug that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
sounds like someone stole his 7 way connector. mopar part # 56038366AB should fix him up

·
Registered
994 Posts
yeah, mopar has their own littledeal going on with the trailer plug. you need an adapter to run mopar to whatever you have (3, 4, or 7 pin)

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like a plan. Actually, if you really think about it, its not that bad of an idea. This way, you can pick up both the 7 pin, and the 4 pin... and instead of having to wire both of them in and have a big mess, you just connect whichever one you need at the time. (If you ever need to).

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at it, it looks like someone backed into somethign b/c there is a solid metal casing of some sort that is all smashed up, and the plug is just sitting inside it. Anyone know where I might be able to pick up this metal casing thing??? I'll try to take some pictures later, but any help is appreciated.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Check the junkyard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.