Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie with the air suspension-auto leveling feature. I will be towing a 18ft Nash travel trailer that is well under the towing capacity of this truck. Not ever having owned a truck with the air suspension and auto leveling feature leaves me a bit confused on hitching and unhitching my trailer and attaching my sway/weight distribution hitch. Should I totally disable the air suspension-auto level when using my trailer? If the truck automatically drops to the Entry-Exit level when I turn off the truck and I hook up my sway/WDH system then I take off traveling down the road and the auto leveling adjusts back up to normal, won't this effect my hookup? How about unhitching - same question.

I appreciate any tips, tricks and suggestions!

Ramona

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
There are detailed instructions specifically addressing this in the manual. page 659-660

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been towing my 21' tt for last 2 years with my 2013 Ram with the air suspension. I always hook up/unhook in the Normal Ride height mode, once hooked up it self levels then I attach the stabilizer bars. I put it into Tow/haul mode. The truck does not go into Aero mode on hwy nor does it go into entry/exit mode when turned off - but then it doesn't do that at all unless I press the button. I am pretty sure when the truck has a load it knows somehow not to adjust (because my truck is smarter than me) but then I've never pressed the buttons in transit when towing to check and I don't plan to.

The only time I've had an issue is when I unhook when the trailer is at a considerable difference in height (uneven ground) then the truck but I think that is the norm whether you have air suspension or not. Also there has been the odd time the truck levels before I get it away from the hitch and have to crank the trailer up a bit higher. But again thats usually on uneven ground.

Hope this helps. I'm no expert but I've had no issues and the first time I towed I had the dealership service guys basically say its no different then hooking up without the air suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.