DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like after quite a few years of faithful duty I'm going to be trading in my ram. It's 2WD and I want a 4x4 with a little more towing power so I see a diesel in my future.
My question is about how to go about prepping parts to sell here or on Ebay. My Zex kit has a full tank but I never finished wiring it to the truck so how should I go about getting the Nitrous out of the tank before I sell it? I'm in the middle of no where FT Polk La.
Also items like my gaylord Fiberglass Tonneau Cover that is huge, how do you go about selling large stuff and making it worth the trouble of shipping and packaging? The stuff I know that will be coming off are the Zex Hemi kit with the complete racer tuner kit (tank heater,purge, down tube, window switch), My patriot blue BFI intake, Mopar nav 6 disk with the antenna and Laramie style woodgrain nav bezel plus updated disk, used drag radials with 17' wheels, a edge billet 2800 stall that I believe needs to go to Edge to get re-done because I don't think it was working correctly, and the stage two heads from hell if someone is feeling brave enough to try them. I just don't want to give the dealer the larger parts because I know I will not get anymore for them but dont have another hood to replace the srt hood or other stock tail lights to replace the recon LED tails. Would my best bet be to try to find a local buyer to swap parts out with? Theres just not that much of a following around here. After I remove everything that I know is coming off I'll post it in the classifieds with pics installed and then removed. Just need some tips for prepping so this stuff can get shipped safely and with out getting anything damaged!
Any advice guys?

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
I've been lucky and buying new Dodges that I can just take off the part and put on my new one. If you can find someone local, I find that is the best way. Sometimes, parts are just too heavy, big etc to ship. A $100 item could that to ship if not more.

I probably going to get a little slack here on this, but I was looking at Silverado's this week. Those are some really nice trucks. I found with my last truck and this truck that the dealership pretty much wanted my truck the way it sat. So, it may be less of a hassle to ask a little bit more for the truck.. cause you'll won't ever make that money you put into these trucks back. You can only hope for a fraction of it back.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I would put as many of the stock parts back as you can. cam, heads, exhaust.
I am sure you can find someone on here that will send you stock tail lights plus cash in trade for the recons
I'm sure you can find someone local to get the hood.
Nitrous bottles have to be empty in order to ship them.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to add that they gave me near $21K for my hemi the way it say. Minus the light bar. 2006 with 84K miles too! SO sometimes, SOMETIMES it works. But most of the time, the stuff you add won't ever pay ya back. If you can sell it local try.

We have 'going back to stock' parties here in Arizona. Well get a bunch of guys together and swap parts. That is how I got my Rhino Lined bumper on my 1500 and my wheels. Someone was trading in their 1500 for a 2500. So the truck when back to stock.. and I got a cool bumper out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.