DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On March 31st, 2011 - I traded my truck in on a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4x4. I was going to post on April 1st like I do every April 1st and make the announcement but for some reason wanted to keep this a hush hush thing for now.

Now before you go rip me a new one. Let me explain.

In 2 years my wife and I want to move from our current home to a house more in town here in Arizona. It would eliminate a 25 mile drive one way just to get to the city and work.

In 2 years we will be 98% debt free. Everything but the house will be paid off. Since my new job doubled my income we're just getting back on track and making headway.

So with that said.. the price of diesel was going up, my truck had 98K miles on it. It started to show signs of 'needing attention' and at prices I did not want/have to spend.

Went to two different Dodge dealerships to get a 4th gen 1500 4x4. They did not want to offer me more than $19K for my trade. I was hoping for $25 at least. So again I was stuck taking on the maintenance of my truck. DPF, intake manifold were just some of the things that needed immediate attention. Yes a DPF delete would have fixed that part, but the intake manifold had a slight crack in it and was leaking. I was down to like 8MPG.

Truck was also repainted, shows more than 10 signs of being in a flood.. so with unknowing 80K previous miles on her.. I just wanted to start fresh.

Stopped by Chevrolet where I purchased the truck. They were willing to work with me again and provide me with 0% interest. I got a basic truck cause I call this my 'gap' truck.

In 2 years, when we move, everything is paid off.. I will then get a 2013/2014 4th Gen 2500 CTD.

That day can't come soon enough. I miss my truck already. Even though this Silverado has all the cool things my truck doesn't, like bluetooth hands free calling, USB ports, all gauge information, including oil change % and transmission temp.. I do like the car like ride, the interior is soo comfy.

It's hard going from a Dodge 2500 big boy to a Silverado 1500 4x4 that feels like driving a car. haha.

But like I said, it's only short term. Some friends on Facebook know already and said WTF you doing. haha

I've debadged it somewhat.. and will do my own bedliner.. ONLY IN THE BED and that is it. Oh, besides the 4 8" subs and amp I'm putting in it.. but that is it. Going drive it.. as is and trade it in 2 years! Just hope I don't lose my but! OH.. Chevrolet gave me $29,750 for my truck.

Here at the pics. Sad huh! :) But I do like the car ride feel, no maintenance for 2 years, the rear locker, like I'll ever take this off road.. and the 'smart' stuff on it.

Attachments

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
good looking truck enjoy

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
I have a 08 2500 chevy for my work truck....would never trade my ram in for one BUT I understand your plan. Cant wait to see your new truck in 2 years lol. And WOW cant believe you got almost 30k trade in.....

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
Congrats on the new chevy. I have been thinking long and hard in trading mine in on a new chevy or dodge.

·
Takin' Care of Old Red
881 Posts
Nice looking Chevy, my buddy just bought a new red one. Its real nice but still can't beat either my old Hemi or my CTD. Good luck and can't wait to see your new truck in 2 years

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
:ugh

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
On May 31st ????. I smell BS....!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
What time zone are you in? May 31st is still a month and a half away from here in my time zone.....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
And its never been about how much they are giving you for a trade, its the bottom line that counts. Truck lists for 50K. You get it for 25K. Wow, they gave you 25K for your trade. Next guy comes in and bargains down that 50K truck to 35K with no trade. Did you really get 25K for your truck? Bottom dollar talks, nothing else. The Chev's are more money to begin with......

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Nice truck congrats! The Duramax is a good diesel choice with lots of power.

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
So much for offroading. :D I bet you've got the calendar marked already for your next Dodge. :D

·
Registered
35,850 Posts

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
And its never been about how much they are giving you for a trade, its the bottom line that counts. Truck lists for 50K. You get it for 25K. Wow, they gave you 25K for your trade. Next guy comes in and bargains down that 50K truck to 35K with no trade. Did you really get 25K for your truck? Bottom dollar talks, nothing else. The Chev's are more money to begin with......
X2! Anyway, what a mistake! Better off buying a girley car that gets some mpg then:ugh

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do what you gotta do man, if this saves you money so you can get your life right - that's a very adult move. Don't listen to the other people on here trying to tell you what to do just because their opinion is different.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Why didnt you just keep the old 1500 if this CTD was a POS??? And 8mpg my God what were you doing. I see 17mpg around the city and 21-22mpg on the hwy with 35s. IDK But we will miss you and see you when you come back. Were you able to get any of the add ons off of the truck before you traded it in???

:ugh :D

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.