DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually run the snubbers on my traction bars all the way tight against the eye at the the track. However, recently the more I watch drag racing on TV the more I notice the amount of downwards motion put onto the back of the car at launch. I guess my question is should I leave my snubbers like an inch below the eye in order to get more downward force? Will that help with 60' times? More traction?? What is the "perfect" height??

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
tell us about the bullydog chip first!!!!lol

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
helo-pilot said:
I usually run the snubbers on my traction bars all the way tight against the eye at the the track. However, recently the more I watch drag racing on TV the more I notice the amount of downwards motion put onto the back of the car at launch. I guess my question is should I leave my snubbers like an inch below the eye in order to get more downward force? Will that help with 60' times? More traction?? What is the "perfect" height??
I've always installed them with 3/8"-1/2" space between the snubber and spring. http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/20470_20475.pdf

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
You will really just have to experiment with that to find the best 60'... Despite what anyone tells you, You do not want the rear to squat..... If you have the rear end squating, the equal and opposite force will be lifting the tire off of the ground, decreasing traction... The appearance of squat is ok just so long as the rear end actually rises.. On a stick trannied vehicle you want the rear to rise about 1 inch, with an auto you want it to rise 2 to 5 inches. I want my truck to rise in the rear about 2 inches and the front as much as I can.... so far I am not getting as much rise in the front as I would like but the rear seems to be working ok...
If you put the snubbers too tight you can get a bounce off the line which can break parts, you want the rear to have a little motion before it locks up in order to plant the tires, make the sidewall flex if possible...
TJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.