DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the truck since May and finally got a chance to take it to the track!

Ran it in Ennis, TX Saturday. Temps hovered around 66*, felt like relatively low humidity, but the track had a pretty strong headwind.

The truck is basically stock, all it has is a Magnaflow muffler with a tip exiting in front of the rear tire, and I also run Mobil 1 Synthetics if you want to count that as a mod.

Full weight with about 1/4 tank of gasoline. I left the spare tire on, and the truck has stock 20's. I would have weighed it but didn't catch the scales in time, but its a stock truck plus my 270lb body!

My best run in "street trim":
60'- 2.348
1/8- 10.082
MPH- 70.29
1/4- 15.710
MPH- 85.68

Best run in "race trim": (all I did was remove the stock air filter haha)
60'- 2.274
1/8- 9.877
MPH- 71.72
1/4- 15.417
MPH- 86.78

I tried racing in O/D off, O/D on, as well as manually shifting it. It seemed, to me, to run the best in O/D on and let the tranny shift itself.

Spinning was not a problem, the truck is too heavy and underpowered as is to spin the tires on such a well-prepped track. Most I got was a "chirp" as I launched. I didn't do a burnout, all they do on street tires is get them greasy, anyways.

Launching technique was simple for me. Tried to stall it up, but it just bogged too bad. I'd keep the brakes on just enough to not roll through the lights, and as soon as the third amber would drop I would simultaneously let off the brake and mash the gas pedal to the floor. To me, this felt like the strongest and most consistent launching technique.

Judging from the numbers, I gained a solid 10 RWHP just by pulling the filter. I think without the headwind the truck would easily trap 87 MPH, and next time I make it to the track I might even pull the spare out.

Either way, had a good time. Haven't been to the track in the while, and last time I was I was in the Mustang. I was with some good friends. One of them ran an [email protected] is his 30th WS6 on street tires, and the other ran an [email protected] in his Cadillac CTS-V. Also got to talk with some other Dodge guys and see what they ran. Now, I just gotta keep telling myself its a daily driver and NOT to mod it more haha!

Arron

(also posted in racing section, but theres more traffic here!)

· Registered
2,120 Posts
I wish I would of carried mine to the track when it was stock. Now you will be able to see the gains you make from each mod. Glad you had a good time and good luck on not spending any money on you oncoming addiction. It runs rampant on this site.:D

· Banned
753 Posts
i run mine with out the spare!!! ran a 15.7 with just magnaflow and trueflow add the other 2 in the mix and its a 15.2, i leave the line just like you do as well you can also try the short belt mod its good for .1!!! only thing i didnt get any better performance by taking out my filter!!!!

· Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,213 Posts
Wow that's a huge ET drop for just removing the air filter....good job!!

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kidat46 said:
I wish I would of carried mine to the track when it was stock. Now you will be able to see the gains you make from each mod. Glad you had a good time and good luck on not spending any money on you oncoming addiction. It runs rampant on this site.:D
Yeah its rough! I told myself from the get-go that exhaust, intake, and tint/bedliner was all I'd do. Doing good so far, all I have left on that list to add is the intake!

But the list got longer recently. I also want a programmer, valentine 1 radar detector, and some subs for under the seat. The list goes on and on.... lol

Arron

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
07Whiteram said:
if i could twist your arm a bit into buying more parts i have a superchips ill sell ya!!!
Waiting for cash, and I want an intake first anyways haha.

I'm looking for something that will let me adjust shift points and firmness, I didn't think the Superchips did that though?

Arron

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
austin4.7l said:
your buddys ctsv was sick with the black chromes in front and was quick as shit
Yeah its a beautiful car, pretty quick too as you saw. Hes going after the CTS-V record, and he is only a couple of tenths off. We're doing some more work on it this week, suspension, ported intake, and hopefully stickier tires. With a 150 wet shot on top of what hes got now, hes looking at blowing the record (11.8) out of the water and going straight into the 10's. Ennis is supposivedly open again next Saturday, so we'll see!

· Banned
3,606 Posts
wish i could go again but thats to soon i came up there from austin and spent a lot of money so ill relax from driving cause following weekend is houston

tell your friend goodluck with the car and he has a dodge truck guy in love with his car

· Registered
44 Posts
Good times! I want to go run my 07 QCSB now. I was thinking it felt like a 15 second truck from a roll but not sure from a stop considering the TQ. Management.

I need to get out. It's been a while for me too, I havn't been out since I sold my cam'd 2000 SS.

Nice times, now get some smaller mods and a programmer and hit some low 15's!

· Registered
9,836 Posts
Yeah I had a great time this weekend also.. And that ctsv was SICK!

And as mentioned above there was a decent head wind.... I'm just glad I finally broke into the 14.99's!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
...yea...all I thot I was gonna do to my truck was get a k&n dropin and catback muffler... then I started reading the posts here....yur in trouble bro...

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AIR_RAM said:
Yeah I had a great time this weekend also.. And that ctsv was SICK!

And as mentioned above there was a decent head wind.... I'm just glad I finally broke into the 14.99's!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
You finally got it?! Sweet! I'm the truck you ran, I tried manually shifting but decided I didn't even wanna mess with it anymore haha. My ET got slower, but the MPH stayed the same.

Anyone know if the SCT or Diablo will allow you to adjust the shift points and firmness? The truck really needs help in that department! Also, how will they modify the TQ management, if at all?

With less weight and the right conditions, I see this truck running bottom 15's. I'll make it home to Houston and hit up HRP when it gets really cold in January, with the DA and temp it should run quite a bit quicker.

Arron

· Toothy Critters Rock!
7,259 Posts
I was wondering if you were a DT guy..
(I was the guy in the silver 06 with the light bars on the bed)
Yep go ahead and mod it. Mines a daily driver too.
Your's near stock is much quaker than mine was.
Still, You KNOW you want to be at least dip into the 14's. :D

Next up this week will likely be kennedale wen, thur night, then maybe red river this weekend.
Out at kennedale on thur there there are usuallly some rams running you'd enjoy racing. A few a little slower and a couple only a tenth or so faster than yours. Should make for some close racing for you with your current mods
Plus they run street brackets that night too..

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, I post! Your truck is pretty quick, when are you gonna throw some drag radials on that thing?!

Arron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.