DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Im going to the track on Wednesday. I know there are some prep tips before and while Im there. Anyone?

:rck:

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
My Track Prep:
Lose the Tailgate, Spare, everything that will fall off of the truck...
Install Drag Radials and street 17s on the front
remove the upper portions of the sway bar and rotate the bar to clear links ( not too high ) I do not remove the bar as I use it on the street.
install front bumper insert with hole for ram air to filter
If I feel like I have the extra time: install grill inserts, remove wipers and antenna ( have not ever really seen improvements there )
Fold in mirrors at the track and make tire pressure adjustments, 60 for the front, around 30 for the back, variable there on the back.
Thats it..

TJ

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
MrDestinE said:
My Track Prep:
Lose the Tailgate, Spare, everything that will fall off of the truck...
Install Drag Radials and street 17s on the front
remove the upper portions of the sway bar and rotate the bar to clear links ( not too high ) I do not remove the bar as I use it on the street.
install front bumper insert with hole for ram air to filter
If I feel like I have the extra time: install grill inserts, remove wipers and antenna ( have not ever really seen improvements there )
Fold in mirrors at the track and make tire pressure adjustments, 60 for the front, around 30 for the back, variable there on the back.
Thats it..

TJ
Good Advice!!

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
why sixty up front!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My usually track prep was to drive to the track :) but then again I have a big 'ol QC that is never going to be running awesome times like those guys. I'm going next saturday and am going to be dropping so weight here and there. Gotta hit at least a 14.99

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
My usually track prep was to drive to the track :) but then again I have a big 'ol QC that is never going to be running awesome times like those guys. I'm going next saturday and am going to be dropping so weight here and there. Gotta hit at least a 14.99
I think i'm gonna pull my pass/center seat for saturday. I really want a 14.7 out of a stock rc 4x4

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey sizzource,you coming up to moroso if so I'll be willing to go if it's not raining.Last week was awesome great weather.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what I have gathered:
Tire Pressure - 28PSI - Back - 60PSI
License Plate Removal for warranty purposes
Warm up Tires
Leave at 2-3rd light
Stall? to what RPM?
No intake filter
1/8 Tank of Gas
Drop Spare, TailGate
Shortened Belt

Im not messing with the sway bars or nothing, anything else?

Yea, Im going on Wednesday for sure!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Here are some of the things I have found online:

launch at 1300-1800 rpm

if traction is a problem then unbolt the swaybar

remove spare tire

tire pressure 60 front / 28 rear

Have 1/8 tank fuel

Fold in mirrors and drop tailgate

only run 3 to 4 gallons of gas

if you dont have a programmer then only run 89oct gas

try to run your motor cold they run quicker this way

remove your air filter when you get to the track

dont reset the computer this will slow you down

do a 3 to 5 second burnout then pull up almost to the line turn off the motor restart and stage quickly this will put the computer into a open loop mode and give you more power

try to remove any extra weight you can from your truck

get to the track early so you can let your truck cool off all the way run your truck cold

First thing you wanna do is go around and avoid the waterbox. With street tires a little water can get in the treads and as you sit at the light it can seep down and take away from your traction. The burnout you do depends on the traction you get. If you're pretty much stock and don't have traction problems then the most you'd need is just a quick squeal to clean off the tires a little bit. If you don't hook up then you might want to heat em up a little more in the burnout box.

When you go up to stage, get the first prestaging lights to come on and then inch up untill you get the second staging lights to come on. Unless you wanna deep stage (not really something you need to do), make sure to stop right when them second lights come on. As you sit there (won't be long) get the revs up, for this you'lll just have to do a few runs to see what rpms you wanna be at to take off. Since I have the stock torque converter I can only get my rpms up to around 1300. As the three yellows flip down towards the green, you wanna take off when that third yellow comes on. If you wait for the green then your reaction time is gonna suck.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
good write up helo-pilot. Im shooting for a 13.9 sat. So I can have the fast N/A QC with only bolts ons for a few days. :D

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
BrandonSC said:
One thing I have ALWAYS done that proves to work quite well is make sure to leave the emergency brake off. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me it works!
make sure there are no trailers on your hitch too :D

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks, you forgot the NOS sticker. Thats good for AT LEAST a good 9 rwhp.

Also, are you guys sure launching is better than just straight flooring it. I've always found it better to just get on it instead of powerbraking.

Also, I have the power wire so I filled up with 93octane to be safe when Im running and to clean out my injectors a little.

Whats all this about turing the truck off before you get to the line?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Also, are you guys sure launching is better than just straight flooring it. I've always found it better to just get on it instead of powerbraking.

I have tried mine both ways and mine launches at idle better, but every truck is different.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Also, I have the power wire so I filled up with 93octane to be safe when Im running and to clean out my injectors a little. Was that a wise idea?

Whats all this about turing the truck off before you get to the line?

·
Registered
624 Posts
if your are going to orlando speed world, make sure you get there plenty early. the lines have been very long since the temp's dropped.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
how did you run apkram last week

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moroso for me. Its usually pretty quiet on Wednesdays.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hows that glasspack sound Apk? IS that TB or U/D pulley working in your favor?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.