DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple questions about the TPS here:

I want to tap into the TPS wire so I can data log that signal with my Dynojet Commander. Which wire would I look for? (2005 Hemi)

Would this be the same wire that would be used for a nitrous kit?

I thought I came across a TPS reset or recalibrate sequence at one time. Anyone know how to do that?

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't there a wire I can use that comes right off the pedal? I say this because I mounted the controller right next to it.

2,528 Posts
Just above the pedle is the tps. I belive there is 4 wires going into it.
Take a volt meter and only one will go up to 5 v when the pedle is depressed.
One will be power all the time,another will only go to 2.5 v and I think one is ground. It is easy to find as I did it for a zex hook up. :D

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ramcrazy said:
Just above the pedle is the tps. I belive there is 4 wires going into it.
Take a volt meter and only one will go up to 5 v when the pedle is depressed.
One will be power all the time,another will only go to 2.5 v and I think one is ground. It is easy to find as I did it for a zex hook up. :D
I'll try that. Thanks.

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The_Bishop said:
Above the pedal would be the sensor for the *pedal* position. If you want to log the actual throttle plates, that'll be up by the throttle body.
True, and a good point. I'm just going to go off the pedal for now though. I already have a wire right there. I'm not sure if I really want to know the actual plate position either. With these computers I'm sure I'll just end up disappointed and pissed off.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I don't know of any pedal position sensor.

There is a throttle position sensor that is in the throttle body.

The only thing coming from the throttle pedal is a cable that goes to set of reostats under the battery that feeds the info to the pcm.

Please inform me.

Maybe its year specific.

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, I just spent the last hour working on this.
For the 05, from the Service Manual (I bought the CD), "The 5.7L V-8 does not use a seperate TPS on the throttle body."
On the 05, they use APPS, Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor. After tracing out the wiring I don't believe there is a conventional TPS at all. Rather the APPS which is supplied 5v from the MPC (Module-Powertrain Control) sends two signal (one half the other) back to the MPC. The MPC tells the throttle what to do (I'm still tracing all this out). Everywhere I look in the manual for a TPS it talks about all engines except the 5.7L.
I know it's different from the 04's. The sensor is built into the top of the pedal assembly and has a six wire plug (no cable).

2,528 Posts
360Plus said:
OK, I just spent the last hour working on this.
For the 05, from the Service Manual (I bought the CD), "The 5.7L V-8 does not use a seperate TPS on the throttle body."
On the 05, they use APPS, Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor. After tracing out the wiring I don't believe there is a conventional TPS at all. Rather the APPS which is supplied 5v from the MPC (Module-Powertrain Control) sends two signal (one half the other) back to the MPC. The MPC tells the throttle what to do (I'm still tracing all this out). Everywhere I look in the manual for a TPS it talks about all engines except the 5.7L.
I know it's different from the 04's. The sensor is built into the top of the pedal assembly and has a six wire plug (no cable).

Use the diagram I just posted and you will be golden....Out of the 2 signal
wires you will get your 5 volts when the pedal is depressed. :D

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ramcrazy said:
When I installed my zex unit I had to tap into this sensor to get a wot
reading for the nmu. When the signal out put is at "5" volts your throttle is wide open. Mine only went to 4.8 volts. here is a diagram of the sensor. I hope this is what ya need.... This is for a 2005 Ram QC....
OK, I got all that and more. Which one of the signals is the 4.8v and which one is half that. There is APPS NO. 1 SIGNAL and APPS NO. 2 SIGNAL. One is suppose to be half the other.
Also, that 4.8v makes sense because I just read that a second ago (no idea which page though). The non 5.7L's which do use a TPS send a 4.49v signal. Not that that will help me in anyway, but I learned it.

· Now Hemiplus
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ramcrazy said:
Take your voltmeter and probe thee ends of the 2 signal wires. only 1 will
go to the 4.8 volts as you depress the pedle. Ya got to probe from the top...
You want the signal wires by the way.....
Thanks for all your help. I've figured out how I will test the wires, it just requires a few more insulated alligator clamps that I will get from work. I have no idea how your able to probe from the top with out messing up the connector. I even have the pedal unbolted in order to get at it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.