DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to put air in the tires of my mom's vehicle. She meet me at the gas station. I arrived a few minutes before her. While there I decided to put air in my toys because my toes were around 36psi. I put around 42psi in each tire. My EVIC is telling me I'm at 48psi. Which gauge is correct?

Also is there a place that sells a tire deflator that will deflate my tires to 40psi exactly?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Put air in my tires saturday.

38psi on my gauge
38psi on the EVIC, without even starting the truck. Key at ON.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My TPMS reads actual, within 1/2 pound. I never trust public guages. I really like electronic gauges, get more than one so you can test them against each other. Then leave one in each vehicle, garage, tool box, etc.

I used to have access to a testing facility, and never found an electronic guage more than 1/2 pound off ---- unless it had been dropped(the kiss of death)

Dropping ANY gauge, is usually the kiss of death for accuracy.....

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
I don't have an EVIC, but my TPMS light comes on at Random.
Stop and check the tires, all at 42. *sigh*

·
Registered
292 Posts
Most pencil style gauges that you can buy at the auto store will have an accuracy of +/- 2 psi. The dial gauges they sell will be +/-3 psi. Digitals usually +/-1 psi.
These are advertised accuracies common to these types of gauges.

Never trust the gauge on the gas station's tire inflator. They are weathered and beat to hell. In a pinch, they would get you close until you could find/purchase a tire gauge at a store though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.