DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a set of these, possibly in a 295/40/20.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

I'm looking for a good street tire I can use year 'round, that handles exceptionally well in the snow.

Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
i run a set of those in the spring summer months. good in the rain and on dry pavement. never ran them in the snow. a good tyre imo

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
where's the cheapest place to aquire them??

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the size I mentioned online for $175 a tire. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Belle Tire, and see what the 'out the door' price would be on a set.

I just need to know if they perform well in snow.

Toyo's website says they are rated M & S.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
they are great tires. i ran them in the snow and they do really good. the only reason i dont have them now is because i sold my 20's. i miss the ride and handling.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Usually if you want a tire that handles well in the snow,.. you will sacrifice tread life because the tire will be softer for traction on ice. You are better off getting a "good" all round tire like a toyo a/t or nitto a/t.

That tire looks like it would perform very well in the rain,.. lots of sipping but no open tread for m + s

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Mudchucker said:
Usually if you want a tire that handles well in the snow,.. you will sacrifice tread life because the tire will be softer for traction on ice. You are better off getting a "good" all round tire like a toyo a/t or nitto a/t.

That tire looks like it would perform very well in the rain,.. lots of sipping but no open tread for m + s

they dont go anywhere in mud...ill tell you that. i didnt have a problem with snow though. much better then stock. they are really good in the rain too.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
wow....I would have never thought that they would be good in the snow

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Budd said:
I've seen the size I mentioned online for $175 a tire. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Belle Tire, and see what the 'out the door' price would be on a set.

I just need to know if they perform well in snow.

Toyo's website says they are rated M & S.
i dunno if you can use this to bargain or not...but i paid $170 a tire mounted/balanced and installed on my truck at a local shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts