DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought myself a new to me Ram 1500 to tow my car around. The ram I bought has air ride suspension, HD Radiator, HD Trans Cooler, trailer brakes, larger alternator, Class IV Hitch and 3.91 gears. Supposed to tow 10,000. My 2011 Charger is a race car and weighs around 3750lbs. I do not think I will have any issues, but can anyone recommend anything else I should use while towing? I haven't purchased a trailer yet, but I am planning on an open trailer with brakes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you haven't got the trailer, you have the option of single or dual axle brakes. Obviously the more the better, but the more the cost as well. You should be fine with single with the car. Pull something much heavier I would opt for the double.

Mirrors?? with everything optioned out, I figured you opted for the flip up tow mirrors. That's about the only thing left.

Have Fun!

·
Cursed
121 Posts
Dual axle, open trailer, electric brakes, sway control/load leveling hitch setup and you shouldn't have any problems.

I only have 1300 miles on my truck but 1/3 of those already where with a loaded car trailer on the back back and forth between track and other locations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.