DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...im happy to say that i just purchased my first dodge...i was wondering if anyone knows the towing capability for an 05 dakota V8 with the hitch on the bumper...its not a regular bumper hitch it looks like it has a frame mounted reciver that goes underneath the bumper and you just put on the ball in the hole, but its not actually conected to the bumper...hope i didnt confuse you guys but i dont knkow how else to describe it...its stock from the factory and didnt know if that actully has the 7000lb capability of if i needed to get a different reciver...thanks

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
The hitch should be located under the bumper, and attached to the frame (towing package). The dakota (club cab rwd) can tow 7150lbs with the higher axle ratio (3.92), 4.7L V8 and auto transmission. A class 3/4 hitch (comes with tow package) with weight distribution bars (extra) is what you want for max towing. The V8 auto combination withthe manual transmission can tow up to 5500lbs with the 3.55 rear axle. Check this PDF file for more information:

http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/EN/DODGE/PDF/dakota_towing.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.