Votes: 34 79.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of tow mirrors and I love them, do you guys like them up, or down? I like them up (and out) because the headlights don't shine in my eyes so much Plus I like the Rig style look!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I run with mine in unless I am tow our 5th wheel. They are kind of expensive if you take one offf because it is extended and you hit something with it. JMHO

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
1_ton_mega_cab said:
i hate these mirrors and will be replacing them soon but i run them down
:stu:

I bought a new "takeoff" pair of regular heated electric mirrors off ebay for $50 to replace the tow mirrors on my Power Wagon. Then I sold the tow mirrors for $250. :D

If anyone is replacing their mirrors, becareful not to break off the plastic tab when trying to remove the mirror.

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a set of regular heated mirros if anyone wants them

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I would like to trade my heated mirrors if your interested 1 ton!!! Let me know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I leave mine down but love the things. Wish I'd had some like it on my Sprinter that was just totalled out.

Sarge

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Mine usually stay out most of the summer when towing but its harder to back into the garage with them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
dose any not want there tow mirriors??? i well trade you my regular truck mirriors for them and pay shipping both way .. no out of pocket for you??? please let me know jusst pm... im needing a set of these thanks!!!! just pm me

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I leave mine out ALL the time. I'm more concerned with seeing whats behind me up and down instead of whats out to the side. For that, we have the other mirror and I'm so used to that it causes no problems for me. Plus, a lot of people I talk to just love them out too. I wish they were like F**ds though and had a clearance light on them cause I've had traffic coming towards me on tight roads bout take them off many times.

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about putting some lights on the side, but I don't know how I would go about it

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I think it would be fairly easy to do if there was room back behind the mirrors to do it. Problem is, I think you would only be able to use your mirrors in one position because of the extreme change in angles that the mirrors have to take between the out and in positions. I've never taken apart the mirrors before. Does anyone know how much room is back there. I would think that if there was enough, it would be as simple as cuting a hole, mounting a light and running the wiring.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
i think it looks retarded to see a small truck (1500 on small tires) with the mirrors out not even pulling a trailer. I put mine out when i need them. they work just fine when they are in. If i pull something like a bobcat, they go out. 2 ATV's on my wide trailer they go out. 30' enclosed snowmobile trailer they go out.

They dont need to be out otherwise. I just laugh at people that have them out when they arent towing. Understandable on a dually for the fenders, but not for a small truck that has no use for tow mirrors in the first place.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
I run with mine down unless I am feeling like a big shot and then i turn em up to feel tough

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
I only run the mirrors in the extended position when towing the enclosed car hauler.

MikeyB

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
If anyone wants to trade mirrors, tow to standard, I have a set of standard power, heated mirrors Ill trade with. Excelent condition. I will pay shipping!

·
Village Idiot
114 Posts
angusdevil said:
I think it would be fairly easy to do if there was room back behind the mirrors to do it. Problem is, I think you would only be able to use your mirrors in one position because of the extreme change in angles that the mirrors have to take between the out and in positions. I've never taken apart the mirrors before. Does anyone know how much room is back there. I would think that if there was enough, it would be as simple as cuting a hole, mounting a light and running the wiring.
There's actually quite a bit of room. The mirror pivots on like a 4 1/2" disc. I have one that the mirror part got smashed and I replaced the whole mirror. I'll try to take some pics of the carcass in the next couple days.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
getting back there wouldnt be a problem, being able to put a lense in there that has the same concavity as the mirror to it would be the tough part

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sometimes I don't even put mine up when towing our 5th wheel short distances. I can all but see around it with them down. Just my opinion but I think it looks stupid to have them out like Dumbo if you're not towing. But nevermind me, I'm sure the rest of the world is in total awe when you drive be with your big rig mirrors up like a wannabe trucker in a pickup truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.