Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought this might be a fun Thread.
Share a pic of your D and it's Tow!!!

2004 D HEMI w/tow package, etc., etc., etc. Yada! Yada! Yada! Ya don't even know the tow is back there, combined tow weight is approximately 6000+# loaded!

2005 Starcraft Aurora 2015 I/O
2005 EZLoader Custom Trailer

Yellow and Khaki go pretty good together if I may say so myself..........

It was a fun summer!!!

Attachments

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx tookie..........
I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you win big!!!

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice toys SmoothSL............ We'd have it all out on the lake! My neighbor has a couple of jet skies and they are a blast..........
I looked at the Hurricanes, the Mariah I haven't seen. Went with Starcraft because we have a few places for service out here in Cal that Hurricane didn't offer. I looked the Hurricane over pretty good and it appears to be a pretty nice deck boat. Starcraft has been around for 100 years and builds the deck boats for several companies. Got mine this summer and had allot of small problems with it, nothing mechanical. For a 40 grand boat I expected them to polish it off and do a little better final inspection on it before it left the factory.......... Not! It's just like everything you buy these days.
I'll get those worked out and it will be fine!

Hope we get some more pic's!
Later..........

·
HEMI HAULER
11 Posts
Here's how we do it.....

Durangos and camping go hand and hand if you ask me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Here are mine. Dont have a pic with my D yet

1997 Haulmark Elite II I use as my 3rd garage and tow my other HEMI, 68 Charger R/T, my Dad's 68 300 convertible and any junk cars I may pick up.

Utility trailer I use for my ATV and trips to Home Depot.

Attachments

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mgonzo2u.......
yep, I'm with ya on this one.
CampTime, some good R&R!!!!
Ya gotta love this Country.........

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinkin Gary's kinda got all the toys here.............
Nice flooring!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Johnny C,

thanks, I bought the flooring at Heckinger soon after I bought the trailer and put it in myself.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your welcome Gary........
That things cleaner than my house............

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It is cleaner than my house too. Guess you now know where my priorities are.

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Double D, sweet bike........ I need to send this to my stepfather, he has been a Harley man all his life and that has been a long time. He doesn't tow with a D though, maybe that's his problem!!!!

Hey SmoothSL, your still in for the toys. Will put your hot tub and generator in Gary's trailer right next to his quad.
Will have mgonzo2 bring his trailer for us to sleep in, he will have to leave the wife and baby home for this trip. We can have Double D bring his Harley and the women. SmoothSL, Gary will be towing your hot tub and generator so you and I can still bring the water toys. Tookie, like you said, you need to win the lottery and you can tow a refrig trailer loaded with huge quantities of food and beverages for mass consumtion.........
I think I got everyone......... Now all we need is someplace to go???? A road trip for the Boy's...........

That's my story and I'm stickin to it...... (my wife gave me permission to say that)!!!!!!!!
:rck: :gr_patrio

·
Registered
56 Posts
HEMI x 2 said:
Here are mine. Dont have a pic with my D yet

1997 Haulmark Elite II I use as my 3rd garage and tow my other HEMI, 68 Charger R/T, my Dad's 68 300 convertible and any junk cars I may pick up.

Utility trailer I use for my ATV and trips to Home Depot.
What is the trailer and box length on that Haulmark? Certainly looks to be a 24' Haulmark. Do you find you are buffeted alot by crosswinds? Would sway control be preferred if you don't have it?

Trying to figure out if I can tow a 28' long trailer with a 25' long box or not with a 4x4 Hemi, 3.92 rear.

·
HEMI HAULER
11 Posts
Wheel Base Rule of Thumb

A tow vehicle should have a minimum wheel base of 100 inches. A wheel base of 110 inches is recommended for a 20 foot trailer. For every additional foot of trailer length (above 20') add 4 inches to the wheel base. i.e., a 22 foot trailer=118 inches wheel base, a 24 foot trailer=126 inches wheel base. Etc. However, when you get into the larger, full size tow vehicles, such as Surburban's, F-150's, Ram Trucks, etc. this rule relaxes, as these types of vehicles (if properly set up) are capable of towing much larger trailers than this rule would suggest.

FYI

The wheel base on our Durango's is 119.2".

So I would have to say if you want to be safe, that trailer you are looking at is too big for your rig.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
turboICE said:
What is the trailer and box length on that Haulmark? Certainly looks to be a 24' Haulmark. Do you find you are buffeted alot by crosswinds? Would sway control be preferred if you don't have it?

Trying to figure out if I can tow a 28' long trailer with a 25' long box or not with a 4x4 Hemi, 3.92 rear.
Mine is 22' box, 25' 7" overall length, 96" width. My guess is you are pushing the envelope with that long of trailer. I do use a both a weight equalization and a sway control devise. When I bought this trailer I towed it 100 miles home with an 88 Cherokee 4.0 6 cyl. I managed OK but I would not want to use my Cherokee to tow it all the time. I would say if you are like me and do not use the trailer much for actual towing you could manage with a D. If you plan on towing quite a bit I would consider upgrading to a HEMI QC Ram.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks sounds like I need to look more at the T1 than the T2 then. The weight of the T2 with my car in it would have been pushing to close to the GCWR anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Towed items

Nice toys everyone. So here is my toys. The bike doesn't get pulled yet but it will when we go back the the main land. I currently live in Hawaii and there is no need to tow it yet but when back on hte mainland it is going with the family everywhere.

John

Attachments

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.