DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
check out some of the aftermarket bumpers that are out on the market, they are pretty reasonably priced. they come with tow hooks already installed on them. if you dont want to go that route, then get yourself the hooks, and you'll have to do some cutting and welding in order to get a good mount point on the frame.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
The Durango frame rails are not tied together in the front. Most people that want a tow point up front go with a receiver hitch. I have the drawtite. It has been a good investment.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts

·
Moab '06
234 Posts
Ok, I have question on the front reciever.
With the front reciever installed, is it possible to mount say, a westin safari bar or simmilar, or would they interfere with each others mounting points.
Just a question, I haven't decided what I am going to do to my front end yet.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
It is either one or the other. They both mount to the same place. The westin bar is purely cosmetic. It doesn't offer any real protection.

·
Moab '06
234 Posts
Yes, but it does help facilitate the mounting of lights...
there are other options tho...

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
why the need for more light?

·
Moab '06
234 Posts
canyonD said:
why the need for more light?
Well, I know you wheel you wheel your D, and if you've ever done any night wheelin' with auxiliary lighting, you know how much nicer it makes it.
Here in the Palm Springs area , with anza-borrego right around the corner, it's gonna be a real nice summer for night time adventuring, so I would like to mount aux lights. But enough about lights in the tow hook thread.

I spent a little time at the dealership parts counter yesterday morning, and we tried to find out anything about the tow hook plate that someone mentioned Dodge made, went through several accessory catalogs and found some skid plates, but no pictures or mention of accepting tow hooks.
I am seriously considering the front reciever, and fabricatring a "safari bar" type light bar to be welded to the reciever, or fabricating a light bar to mount to the bumper. Keeping it in my head for now since I have other issues to deal with (see tranfer case post) and eat my money away. :mad:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I would mount the light carrier to the bumper. Sounds easy and cheap to do it that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.