Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone has installed a 2 inch front level kit on a 2500 ram 4x4
I did and it drove terrible before and after alignment. It has terrible bump steer and when I hit a whoop in the road at highway speed the steering wheel shakes big time ,the truck starts to wobble so bad it makes you think the wheels are coming off. called tc but they didnt help .I think I needed a drop track arm bracket I can grab the front wheel and watch the whole front axle move side to side. Never thougt 2 inches could cause so much trouble
I took lift back off now the truck drives correct again Has anyone tried another brand of level kit that worked right? I sure would like to lift the front back up . hoping you guys know of akit that works right

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Almost sounds like a steering stabilizer issue. What size tires are we talking about? A steering stabilizer isn't really needed until you move up to 37's, although that's not always the case.

You might also double check the wheel balancing. Some of those guys at the tire shops can really do a terrible job of it, and send it out anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is a 04 I bought brand new 2 months ago .Still has the factory tires /wheels
have about 5,000 miles on it now. I think the tough country spacer is well made but I think that more parts are needed like a trac arm drop bracket . I even thought of lowering the bracket 2'' off the frame (I really think that would fix the wobble) ,but I dont want to weld on the frame on my new truck ,bet that would void the warranty.

·
Sporadic
82 Posts
My dad installed the 2 inch lift in his 3500 dualie, i know the shit your talking about over bumps, he had to buy new shocks for the front, i think they were like 100maybe? somewere between the 100-200 range, he installed the shocks and everything ran fine again... plus your gonna lose a little bit of handleing anyway just from having the vehicle lifted... but yeh, u def need shocks, even if u call dodge and ask them, they basically laughed at my dad when he said he didnt buy new shocks too.... hope this helps

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
odd I have the same kit, no issues.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
I have the same problem with my RevTek 2" leveling kit, death wobble at its worst. Can't control the truck. I've since replaced my stock shocks with Bilstein 5100's and it seemed to resolve most of the issue (about 90%). Now I am having another issue with the spacers with the studs snapping off (two sets). See my other thread. Dont buy RevTek spacers. I think im just going to look for new coil springs that provide the lift. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use the Rev Tek kit with some cheapo Rancho shocks and have had zero problems. I drive it like I stole it and it handles as well as the pathetic Pro Comp tires will allow. I brake hard going into corners, floor it coming out of them and don't slow down for speed bumps or most other obstructions. I have never experienced the dreaded "Death Wobble" with either of my 2500's that had the leveling kit although I would have to agree that the best way to bring the front up would be with the longer springs. I just didn't want to wait for them at the time. If the leveling kit does give me any problems I will go to the longer springs.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Leviathan said:
I use the Rev Tek kit with some cheapo Rancho shocks and have had zero problems. I drive it like I stole it and it handles as well as the pathetic Pro Comp tires will allow. I brake hard going into corners, floor it coming out of them and don't slow down for speed bumps or most other obstructions. I have never experienced the dreaded "Death Wobble" with either of my 2500's that had the leveling kit although I would have to agree that the best way to bring the front up would be with the longer springs. I just didn't want to wait for them at the time. If the leveling kit does give me any problems I will go to the longer springs.
are the levelers you have RevTek or RevTech? we may be talking about different ones, but i just wanted to make sure. I got mine from http://www.revtekindustries.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the same kit from RevTek, I bought it from a local shop but it's the same product. I wonder if they are starting to have quality control issues?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for giving me some ideas on the death wobble . I wish I knew about this forum before I took the spacers off . I sure would have tried some shocks. I called tough country they acted like there would be no such problem if the front end was aligned .I had the front end aligned did not change a damn thing. Called TC back they said they would let me talk to their head tech guy, got put on hold then hung up on. called them back 4 more times ended getting hung up on every time never once talking to anyone that had idea to a fix . BOY talk about a dissapointment! I guess I will eventually just order superlift 2" replacement springs hopefully that wont give the death wobble.

2oo4 2500 4x4 hemi
4 door black w/ silver bottem
factory chrome wheels & tires want some 33x12.50's PROCOMP or BFG's
3.73 no posi

·
Registered
442 Posts
Captain Salty said:
I guess I will eventually just order superlift 2" replacement springs hopefully that wont give the death wobble.
Guess I got to this thread too late. I have the Superlift springs on my 2500 and they are GREAT. No DW issues at all.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
Deke said:
Guess I got to this thread too late. I have the Superlift springs on my 2500 and they are GREAT. No DW issues at all.
how much did u pay? and did you get just the springs or a kit? im looking for the springs only because i already have new bilstein 5100 shocks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much did springs set you back?

I wondered how much the springs from superlift cost and did you install any longer frame cushions or snubbers , how about a track arm drop bracket ?Front shocks?
also wandered what size tires you ran OH YEAH IS YOUR TRUCK A DIESEL?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I ordered the springs through my local 4x4 shop. They were $275 and they charged me $100 to install them. They did come with new bump stops. No track arm needed. I rode on the new springs for about 2 months before I got my Bilsteins. I experienced "topping out" maybe 2 or 3 times that I can remember. I dont think you need new shocks, but the stockers are junk anyway, so you may as well replace them. Im running BFG 315's and yes, its a diesel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.