DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am pulling on to 97 southbound (Baltimore,MD) after work yesterday (Tuesday) and guess what happens? Some girl changed lanes into a Fuel truck spinning her into me. I ended up crossing 4 freeway lanes, hit the center divider, bounced off and ended up back in the middle of the freeway......

Well, truck will be a loss! Both airbags blew, tranny split apart from the engine, front is smushed, doors won't open, back is all busted up... and I blew out one of my brand new Bridgestone Revo's

Worst part is, I was moving to Cali on Thursday and was going to drive all my stuff out with the Dodge.... :VHOT:

BUT!! I did walk away from it. I had a headache (airbag dust and hit my head on the window sill/door) and a burnt wrist from the airbag. That's it!!! :rck:

Goin over this morning to take pics and I will post them as soon as I get back.

·
Registered
840 Posts
sorry about yer truck :( ... but @ least U walked away to build another day and this time with a widdle more tawt U might even have a better rig :gr_patrio

count thy small blessings

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to hear about that....can't control the stupidity of other drivers. Good luck with insurance and the eventual move

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Sorry to hear it. It can always be worse. Say thanks for what you have.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
sorry to hear that. at least you are ok. that chick talking on a cell phone or something? bring out both guns and go after the insurance company and the chick that hit you.

mike

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here are some of the pics of my truck.....

1) Front of truck after kissing the middle concrete jersey wall...
2) Back of truck where she hit me then it later hit the jersey wall....
3) Another pic of the front primary impact...
4) Air bags worked.....
5) So much for the plenum repair, plugs, wires, intake, cap/rotor, belts, hoses, IAT mod and etc... that I just did :WHT:

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
that chick talking on a cell phone or something
I bet $100.00 on that one too.
There outta be a special class for female drivers.
Sorry if its a bit chauvinistic...but most of my near misses or evasive manuevers were becuase of women on cells phones.

BTW.....glad ya walked away from that one.
Good thing you didnt do the rolly-polly.

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was involved in an accident behind me. I only heard some squealing tires, looked back to see her sliding towards me at which time I floored it. I was trying to get out of her way (or atleast not get smacked in the driver side door) but it didn't happen.

No idea what happened behind me so who knows. I do know that she asked for my cell to call her office (company car) so I doubt she had a phone. Poor girl was a mess. Feeling bad for her but I really miss my Ram :(

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
That sucks man......I live in Baltimore and I know that 97 is a bad highway for accidents.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Glad to here you are ok though, that is all that matters.

Will you be parting it out?

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, parting out.... well, I gotta see what the insurance company is going to do.

·
Registered
905 Posts
sorry that happened man. Well, theres many more rams out here in Cali:) What part of Cali ya comming to?

·
Registered
302 Posts
man that sucks big time, what a bad time to happen to. Atlest you walked away from it.

Where in Cali are you moving to?

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
If you are parting it out let us know... not to try and make profit off your mistfotune and thank god you are alright but I am in search of parts... specifically your rearend!

-Pat-

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NightRider said:
... specifically your rearend!

-Pat-
Wow, this forum sure took a swing :D

Anyways, parting out will be up to the insurance company and the price of a buy back.

Cali people, I am moving to the So. Cal region. Chino Hills and Highland area to be exact. Have family in both areas so I will be staying with both for a while. Working in Irvine so I will also have a lovely commute.

What is the Ram situation in Cali like anyways? Would love to get another one 99-01 (or an 04 with a Hemi :D ) but I have been a Jeep YJ fan (owned 3 of them) for some time....... Gotta love the Ram community though!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thank God you are all-right. You can always get another truck, and just think, you already have a good knowledge of what mods you want to do, and how to do them. Good luck with your future indeavors.
God bless you,
bob

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Sorry, I don't swing that way... anyways... good luck with what you purchase, Jeeps are fun toys. Let us know what you are gonna do.. and btw did you have a shaver? coffee? and cell phone? going on?? LoL

-Pat-

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry to here about the your truck. Glad to here you walked away. like they say built Ram tough thank god for that eh? good to know your ok man.

·
Go Hawks!!
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all ya out there sending your best. Again, gotta love the Dodge Community!!!

Well, think I may be getting an '03 1500 4X4 SLT with a Hemi...... we'll see

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.