DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Ram 4x4 ST. I also put some 285/70/17's and 17x 8.5 rims. I want to raise the front about an 1 1/2" to level a bit. I have a concern before tryin this though.

1. The torsion adjust nuts have a raised thread on them. It is on both sides and you can feel it is raised slightly when you run your finger over it. There is only about 2 threads from the bracket to the riased thread, which seems like it will stop me from tightening enough for the lift I want.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is this normal? Can I still tighten them?

Is this something that Dodge has done to stop me from adjusting the torsion bars?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats weird, youre saying the threads that are not into the adjuster (aka "key") yet, have only a few threads, then the thread gets bigger? I think Tbar cranking is std op for those putting a plow set up on, seems odd DC would prevent that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well actually there are quite a few threads showing still. It's actually the other way around the threads looked smaller lower down. Doesnt really matter now though I turned them 7 times and past the point I was talkin about without any problems. I wonder if it was nickel anti-seize and made it appear that way. Anyway I got 2 full inches out of seven turns and I have about 8 or so threads showing still so I think Im ok with this lift. I definatly could feel the tension on the last few turns and I dont want to blow it, 2 inches got it level so it looks great now. Only thing is before I knew you could do this I bought 17x8.5 rims and 285/70/17's, now I wish I had gone with 17x10 with 305's or 315s. You guys are great at this forum and I appreciate the posts. This really changed the look of my truck without having to mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.