DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered teh front end by turning the torsion bars. I turned them a full 2 times. I want it lower, but don't want to harm my four wheel drive. What's the limit? Help me out, quick answer please.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Assuming the 6-7 turns that people do to make the front higher, 3-4 to lower shouldn't hurt as long as you get the front end realigned so the caster/camber is correct.

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arite...did 4 full turns....the washers started to get loose and turn with the nut right at 4 turns...don't want to go any further if it will screw up anything...also I have 1/2" blocks in the rear...any thoughts?

Here's a few pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
How far do you think it dropped it? Do you have any before/after shots because I honestly can't tell one bit of difference.

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LoL...there is a 2" difference all together...I just took a pic, of the height diff between a stock Tahoe and mine...4 to 5 inches difference...

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's not really a good comparison, GM trucks have much larger wheel wells than our Durangos do. Find a Durango to park next to or something, I know they're not rare or anything LOL

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
tahoe doesnt equal durango..........tahoe is about 2'' taller than my durango, both stock

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AH cmon...geez...ok then measure you space between the top of your tire to the wheel-well. Not sure on my tire size diameter, but there's even 4inches all around space. My truck is 3 inches lower than stock at the roof.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
it's noticeable now with a before/after. Have you had the alignment checked?

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope no alignment checked yet. I deffinately need it though. The ride is now smoother, it grips much better, there's almost no body roll anymore.

·
Registered
134 Posts
is this a joke?

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
Technically

Whebn you want to lower your truck you must crank down 1 more crank than you actually want then crank that 1 back in this way the washers wont come loose Dodge specifioes that you must always be adjusting up only so if you wanted a 2 " drop crank down 8 cranks then crank up 1
each crank is worth about 1/4 "
So if you want a 1" drop 5 down 1 up
Hope this helps
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.