DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to override or get rid of the torque management in our trucks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Do a search for TMR mod.. youll get all the info u need.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I did on mine and you ought to feel it throw you back now when it hits second gear with the new 4.56 gears!!!!!........Im thinking of putting on my 245/70/17's to see if it will bark second when it shifts!!!only on 02's and some 03's can you actually disable the torgue management by pulling pin # 10 wire from the tranny controller.......late 03's however have a different controller but the same type wiring so if you find the correct yellow wire with green tracer you can pull it and dis-able the torque management!!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Is there nothing I can do for the '04 Ram?
My shifts are WEAK!
It bothers me knowing that TM is hurting my performance!
I want HARD, neck-JERKING shifts!!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Pulling the wire isn't the only way... there is a second way that'll work as well.

As for 04s... it appears there isn't anything that can be done. With my trick, it'll only work once and then the truck needs to be turned off and back on.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Slammed1:
How is everything going for you now since your theft incident? I hope everything went well. I remeber your winter rims just as I had on mine.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
here is a pic of an 02-03(early) tranny contoller.......later models have the tranny controller and engine controller in the same package.

The controller in the back ground is what the later models look like......the controller in the fore ground is the early tranny controller!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
Pulling the wire isn't the only way... there is a second way that'll work as well.
Bubba Hemi what is the second way to do this?

Is the wire we are supposed to cut under the hood on the passenger side or is it plugged into the tranny itself? I found the yellow wire w/ green stripe on the 4th connector of the pcm;its on the passenger side of the engine bay. Im just curious if thats the wire im looking for.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I never pulled or cut the wire... so can't say for certain, but I'm willing to bet it's the one in the engine.

The other way is with "The Switch"... remove the relay in the fuse box, run a wire from each post there into the cab (with a fuse the same as the relay in-line on one). Here's a couple quick shots to try and help explain. You can search for it to see if it helps explain anything. If not, hit me back up in here and I'll try and help explain it some more.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
I'll try and help explain it some more.
I tried this on my truck...got it to work once and only once. Weirdest thing ever....but it was pretty badass. Hopefully if works for ya.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
It should... he has an 03. I was able to talk to someone else who had an 04 and imagine that... he got it right on the first try. lol But after it was used, he had to turn the truck off to cycle it to get it to work again.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
And what exactly does that do to Torque management?
Will it shut it off or slightly disable it????

I want to be able to turn this crap off when I'm putting my foot in it!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Somebody has GOT to figure out a way to do this for the 04s..... I absolutely HATE the Soft Butter shifts Im getting... Surely there HAS to be a way....

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want to disable torgue management and top speed governor you can use the key trick.
After the truck is started and in park, turn and hold the key in the start position until you hear the bell chime again. This will diabel the TM and allow you to drive faster than 105mph. This works on 04 models.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
I never pulled or cut the wire... so can't say for certain, but I'm willing to bet it's the one in the engine.

The other way is with "The Switch"... remove the relay in the fuse box, run a wire from each post there into the cab (with a fuse the same as the relay in-line on one). Here's a couple quick shots to try and help explain. You can search for it to see if it helps explain anything. If not, hit me back up in here and I'll try and help explain it some more.
Is it the same fuse on 03's as in your picture?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.