DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty resident experts....made some recent observations (moreso today) while driving.....for some reason lately i really have been driving the u know what out of my truck....some reason the sound of tires shredding has really got me going ....HOWEVER i noticed today a few times say from a 20 mph punch that my revs would zip to the redling 1st gear from a 2nd gear downshift.....and it seemed that the tranny wasnt catching....it would take a second or 2 then would take off.....overall driving is fine....but my size 15 foot has been laying heavy on the pedal the past few days....and this "slipping" feeling happened twice today...... is this my torque converter?

geting ready for a comp 268 install, and am afraid that i will have to start changing out converters to manage the torque.......any ideas?

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright after thinking about it some more...i think i might just be being paranoid. i do recall this happening before on the 2-1 shift...when it dropped in 1st the rpms were already almost maxed out....so iguess it didnt have room to go until it found 2nd gear again......man i miss manual trannys.....still taking some getting used to with this auto.....consider this thread closed....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.