DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone now the torque and hp numbers on the 98 Dakota 5.2's? Mine is a 5-speed if that helps.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
I posted it on your other thread in my last post...

It should be around 220hp and 300ft/lbs of torque, give or take a few.

~CYCLONE_06

·
'02 Dakota QC SLT Plus
375 Posts
Those numbers are measured at the flywheel. The power delivered to the drive wheels will not register that high.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Those numbers are measured at the flywheel. The power delivered to the drive wheels will not register that high.
Yea, figure a 20% loss since its a manual... so should put him around 176 ish at the rear tires, and 240 ish ft/lbs. Im sure he already knows that tho.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I posted it on your other thread in my last post...

It should be around 220hp and 300ft/lbs of torque, give or take a few.

~CYCLONE_06
Your right, sorry bro. Thats is almost the same spec of a 90-93 stock Fox Mustang. Thats funny. They are rated at 225HP and 300FT/LBS. I can work with that. So, i estimate since its a stick, its putting down 180-190ish hp and 255-265ish ft/lbs to the ground. Not bad for a small pick up.:rck:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, figure a 20% loss since its a manual... so should put him around 176 ish at the rear tires, and 240 ish ft/lbs. Im sure he already knows that tho.

~CYCLONE_06
Yea your probably closer than me, im not too familiar with these trucks yet. But i know it will scoot pretty good. It will grab third gear, granted it has some wore out 255/60/15 tires. Im satisfied with the 2,000 i spent getting it. Not bad.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Yea your probably closer than me, im not too familiar with these trucks yet. But i know it will scoot pretty good. It will grab third gear, granted it has some wore out 255/60/15 tires. Im satisfied with the 2,000 i spent getting it. Not bad.
Its still the only truck with a v8 available in its class to date. You did good actually. Just getcha some paint, maybe later do a little modding.

Its not the lack of big horsepower that kills these trucks, its how much they weigh.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, these trucks are heavy? How much? Mine is a 98 Extended cab, short bed. The bed is junk, but still usable for now, im going junk yard hunting soon. Kinda thinking of putting a 3rd gen bed on it if that would work. I put a 99 silverado bed on a 69 one time, it looked great. And talk about heavy, my main family truck is a 01 Expedition, thats sob is heavy. Confortable though, good riding truck.

·
One of the Elite
441 Posts
Yea, from what i can find by searching, your truck weighs around 3500 lbs. I think Club cabs are around 3800, and I think the 4wd models are even heavier still.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.