DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I installed new Control Arms from Top Gun Customz. They seem larger and better built than my original kit set. The reason I put them on was that the arms in my Kit were for a 4" lift and my truck is 6". Now my Caster is back in spec.

Anyway, my biggest comment is that they even took the time to install the bushings and sleaves. This seems to me as something they did not need to do but was nice and not expected. Everyone is so quick to bit_h about company's when they screw you (me included), that I felt it appropriate to say they did me right. I am very pleased with the quality of the product and price. They seemed to take the extra step. They could have easily packages them in a baggy and expected me to do it (like most companies).

· Registered
1,624 Posts
very nice...you have a point on vendor bashing..its good to hear they took care of you

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AndyK1 said:
i had got my leveling kit from them good product an fast shipping it seems like a good company. pics?
Here's an old one. It still looks pretty much the same though. I'll probably go with 37's next time instead of the 35's. But all in all, I love it.

Attachments

· Registered
1,624 Posts
did you have a 4" before and now a 6"?

· Registered
1,355 Posts
dachman1 said:
Here's an old one. It still looks pretty much the same though. I'll probably go with 37's next time instead of the 35's. But all in all, I love it.

Nice looking truck... you definitely need some 37s there...

· Registered
9,272 Posts
dammit im so jelous i want a long bed!

· Registered
3,056 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
dammit im so jelous i want a long bed!
Me to, they look better lifted imo and 100x better for hauling, I regret my short bed so much. I bought a kit from them last year, I wasn't impressed at all they were a$$holes to me when I phoned them because my lift took 45 days to get to me! I honestly think they treated me bad because i'm from Canada. However, I am probaly going to buy stuff from them again and give them another try, they have good prices and when their products eventully got to me, they were good quality. Your truck looks great, and I do agree 37" tires would look great!

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
strtlegal said:
did you have a 4" before and now a 6"?
In the beginning, I bought a 4" kit and installed it on top of the 2" spacers making it a 6" lift. In the rear, I just add a bigger block. The kit shocks blew quickly (Trailmaster is horrible IMHO), and I upgraded to Bilsteins (which I swear by). But for the past year, my control arms seemed short. My neighbor and I initially did the lift in the garage. At that time, he swore that the 4" and 6" kits had the same size control arms. I finally decided to check his knowledge and found he was full of it. So, now my caster is back in spec and the axle looks centered (front to back within the wheel well. I think it slightly improved the suspension feel and reduced the bump stear. The truck used to sorta clunk on the down side of a parking lot speed bump. All that is gone now too.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
yeah a 6" would have longer arms..somewhere in the 20" range..your steering should have improved because of this..been down this road before..lol

· OH Snap!
493 Posts
mocho said:
Me to, they look better lifted imo and 100x better for hauling, I regret my short bed so much. I bought a kit from them last year, I wasn't impressed at all they were a$$holes to me when I phoned them because my lift took 45 days to get to me! I honestly think they treated me bad because i'm from Canada. However, I am probaly going to buy stuff from them again and give them another try, they have good prices and when their products eventully got to me, they were good quality. Your truck looks great, and I do agree 37" tires would look great!

X2. I wish every day that i'd gotten a long bed. Oh well.

Truck looks good by the way. :rck:

· Registered
3,056 Posts
Well I ordered my lift,tires,rims from TGC, they weren't very good to deal with until I ordered $3,500 worth of items, then they were extremly helpful, but this time they didn't know I was from canada....long as the stuff gets here fast I will be happy.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
btw if anyone is looking for a 4" superlift for a hemi truck i have one cheap!,,,still in some what of a box

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.