DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am in desperate need of a in-bed tool box. Not the kind that have flanges that hang over the side because I have bed rails in place. So my question to everyone is what kind do you have or what kind does your neighbors brothers girlfriends dad have that he recommends??

Whats cheap? Whats crappy product? What to stay away from? Whats durable?

Just the standard 20 questions. Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated! :rck:

·
Registered
290 Posts
+1 - I'm looking also, the standard cab needs extra storage and I carry stuff that I'd like to keep secured out of site

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have the deep kobalt box. I bought it from lowes and I love it so far. Great hardware and very deep

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Rock the tool box. I have a TSC one that is not the best but it works, my stuff stays stored, secure and dry. For the money, you can't beat them. I believe they are actually made by DeeZee. True, I do have one that sits on the rails (with some diamond plate bed rail covers) and I've never had an issue with it. Kinda wish it sat flush so I could get a tonneau cover but I have a feeling it would be off more than on.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Here's mine. The company is UWS out of Perry, FL. The black powdercoat is sweet and I get a ton on compliments on it. Matches the truck perfectly and keeps the sleek "sport truck" look and I get the storage that I need.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Nice tool box indeed. Does that attach to the bed in any way or does it just sit and chill?

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
angusdevil said:
Nice tool box indeed. Does that attach to the bed in any way or does it just sit and chill?
Thanks man. Yea I drilled through the bed to attach it.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
360ciRAM said:
Here's mine. The company is UWS out of Perry, FL. The black powdercoat is sweet and I get a ton on compliments on it. Matches the truck perfectly and keeps the sleek "sport truck" look and I get the storage that I need.
Nice toolbox-I wouldn't mind having one of those for my truck-looks great. :gr_patrio

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I have a "Better Built" that fits under my tonnau cover. I think it was about $150 when I bought it.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I didn't know where I was going with my truck's looks when I got started. All I knew at the time was, "I gotta have my tools." If I had it to do over again (sounds like an excuse to help sponsor's kids through college again :D ), I'd go with something a little stealthier.

But here:

Attachments

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
360ciRam,

How much was it, and where can I get into contact with them. Thats exactly what I need.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Sizzource, let me look through some of my paperwork and see if I can find you some contact info.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
STL HEMI said:
Active Gate......:)

I really like this one, where can I get info on it, how much, materials?

THX in advance

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hey STL HEMI:

I have a small delta toolbox and a spray on bedliner (the toolbox also has a the spray one bedliner)

Can you please measure for me the space in between the toolboxes to see if the activegate would fit with my toolbox?

THX in advance

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
MOPAR..........Any Dealer sells them. I paid $500 for mine. The center section rolls back and forth and locks into place. And each storage bin has 2 compartments with a drain plug infront. I'm a caprenter and this holds all my framing tools plus winter cloths. O and it also will hold 2 1/2 cases of bottled beer plus ICE Cold for OURS. :)

Their is 4' 1" of space between the box's. This was the main reason I bought these box's. So I could still haul 4'x8' plywood between the box's.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
My toolbox measures 47" long and there seems to be 49" of free space in the middle, so this means that I can still have my delta toolbox with the activegate...

THX in advance

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
360ciRAM said:
Those kinds of toolboxes are sweet. I just dont know how easy it would be to access with having a fiberglass tonneau above it. But I like those kind a lot.

KB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.