DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well took some time off of work butt didnt have any thing planed and after seeing brentmatson 06 well long story short found tools went to work.
Just a cut coil up front one loop and shacks and removed the over load spring in the rear. Cheap fast and looks a lot better what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Clean. :tup:

KB

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
put some 07 headlights in that thing.. Looks good..

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
where's the rims?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
DAYTONA81 said:
where's the rims?
Their those shiny things bolted to the hub with tires wrapped around them. :)

KB

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Looks much better.

Real funny thing is a few years ago on this site and a few others it was a MAJOR sin to cut coils!!!! I got so bashed and reamed for even mentioning this method anytime it popped up.!!! Now browse forums and see that more than a few are doing it and not havng any issues. Lets just hope the S-10 and Civic forums are not still cutting more than 1 full coil anymore!!:D

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slammed1 said:
Looks much better.

Real funny thing is a few years ago on this site and a few others it was a MAJOR sin to cut coils!!!! I got so bashed and reamed for even mentioning this method anytime it popped up.!!! Now browse forums and see that more than a few are doing it and not havng any issues. Lets just hope the S-10 and Civic forums are not still cutting more than 1 full coil anymore!!:D
The only reason i did this one is because the springs are coiled almost even instead of getting tighter at the ends not sure if it makes a difference :dunno:
But i got tired of the 4x4 look and needed something to do :D

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The 06 coils are actually made the same shape as the previous years with the exception of a little stiffer spring rate. I compared them myslef and they were the same coil winds and height,just the different rate is why 02-05 coils lower an 06 a little more. The bottom of the last coil is always a little more loosely wound than the upper top last coil is.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
slammed1 said:
The 06 coils are actually made the same shape as the previous years with the exception of a little stiffer spring rate. I compared them myslef and they were the same coil winds and height,just the different rate is why 02-05 coils lower an 06 a little more. The bottom of the last coil is always a little more loosely wound than the upper top last coil is.
I never did pull the coils on the 03 but just from other coils i have changed or replaced the ends of the coils on our trucks seem to be a lot looser wound than many others.
I got real close to using some drop coils that i had left over from my second gen but i thought a three and a half inch difference in spring hight would of put me on the tire.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks good, much better. How much drop did you get in the front with the full coil cut?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...1 round should net you 2".... I did almost half a round to get almost an inch to go with my drop spindles...

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Looks good James. Now you need to go wash it! :D

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.