DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring, I'm removing the canopy from my '73 longbed and I'd like to install a tonneau cover, but keep the over-rail bedliner. I'm sure no one makes a hard cover for a '73, but if I go with a roll-up, does anyone know a model that will work with the bedliner?

If I have to remove the bedliner, I'll need to replace it with a spray-in material. What's your experience with the different products on the market today? I'd have it professionally done.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Rhino...go to You tube and watch myth busters on Rhino...made a believer out of me.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Line-X is the only way I'd go. I have Rhino Lining in my bed, and Line-X on my rockers and nerf bars. Line-X is tougher, looks better, and lasts longer. The bed has been repaired once, and it's faded. Line-X is tough, still looks like new, and no repair job. Take it from a guy who has both on the same vehicle, Rhino sucks.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
This spring, I'm removing the canopy from my '73 longbed and I'd like to install a tonneau cover, but keep the over-rail bedliner. I'm sure no one makes a hard cover for a '73, but if I go with a roll-up, does anyone know a model that will work with the bedliner?
Try a place that does convertible tops or an headliner/upholstery shop. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
275 Posts
Try Checkerpro. I have one of their hard covers on my 96 and I'm real happy with it. They can do custom sizes. I have a buddy that bought one for a larger bed truck and took the trim off the edges, cut it down and replaced the trim. Can't even tell. They will work with an over the rail bedliner but you may have to trim the width and length of it anyway.

http://www.checkerpro.com/3.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.