Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to the forum and would like to hear some of your views on the hard tonneau covers. Any comments on fit, style, water leaks, and best price/vendor are apprecited.
Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the Gaylords X2000, Never leaks, fits perfect, and two hand screws and it's off. Price $1200 delivered from truck performance.com.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I also have a gaylords and it works really well. Its also forsale by the way and its silver. Just in case you happen to be anywhere near TX!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I have a snugtop....its awesome. No problems yet!

·
Registered
562 Posts
ARE LS II, second cover on second truck, had the first one for 7 years, this newest one is carpeted underneath. Highly reccommended.

·
Registered
53 Posts
05_hemi how does the locking mechanism work on the ARE LS II ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The one I had on the Dak was the last of the breed with the handle on top and rotating it pushes or pulls two bars that would push in or pull out from the edges of the bed in line with the tailgate. As for the new one, this is going to sound stupid, but the truck is still so new and the mods coming so fast, I haven't even looked at it! Truck's not in the driveway or I'd have gone out and checked before this reply.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
SlvrHemiQC said:
Hello,
I am new to the forum and would like to hear some of your views on the hard tonneau covers. Any comments on fit, style, water leaks, and best price/vendor are apprecited.
Thanks
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

I have neither of the tonneau covers you asked about. But I do have an Astro-Cap cover which I am very satisfied with and which you can see in my gallery.

As for vendors, check out DT sponsor Slammed1. He can often times get these covers at exeptional prices.:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
feldspar said:
05_hemi how does the locking mechanism work on the ARE LS II ?
Here are some pics. The biggest reason I like the ARE is because they are manufactured with detailing similar to the hood design integrated iinto the tonneau - on the Ram it almost looks like a subtle cowl induction scoop (last pic-covered in dew so not a great shot).

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the pics that looks like a really nice setup. :D

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
BOAZ632 said:
I have the same truck but my truck has the sport appearance group but that looks exactly like my Gaylord lid x2000.
Mine is a Snuglid, the Gaylord looks pretty close....Mine is the Classic Snuglid, and is my 3rd one and never had a problem with any of them....

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I too have an ARE and for the price, fit and finish I couldnt be happier. Plus if you are a Costco member you can get a 20% off retail coupon from their Auto site. Made a cover that would have been over $1,000 only mid $800's.

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Holy crap! Wish I'd known that - I am a Costco member. Are these discounts available on other stuff we'd put on our rigs . . . never mind, I don't want to know! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input from everyone. BTW has anyone seen the real chrome plated cast metal door handles in person?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have the gaylords traditional cover. Has two locking mechanism on each side that you have to use a special key. I like it alot and no leaks and no problems. The only thing i wish it had was a carpet headliner but i can take care of that problem...

BB

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
I have the Gaylord x2000 and its the best... It has the Speedsterwing, Carpet, Light, and x2000 equipment for $1007-1100 (under 1100) when i bought it from

http://www.sporttrucksolutions.com/x2000.html

You must call this number for the deal: 800-247-7125

They are awesome. I got mine pretty quick, and it also come paint 2 match. For that price it was a killer deal. Normally the Gaylord x2000 with all that i recieved costs 1500+ without paint from a dealer. Shipping from CA to TX was about 150 i believe. They are running a deal on them at this time, i believe 50-80 dollars off their price if you mention me as your source. [email protected] is my address to mention to them, or Michael Taylor... PLEASE MENTION ME, so you can get a good deal, the guy knows me, so you should get a great deal as i did.

As for the fitting of the Gaylord x200, WOW.. No leaks and i have had it through countless washes, and power washes, NO LEAKS... If you get a BED RUG, get it from slammed1, it will match the gaylord i got.... Look in my gallery for the pics... LAter...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.