DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Ram Regular Cab. I am thinking about getting an A.R.E LS II Tonneau Cover and a Bedrug. I am trying to give it an extended trunk feeling since the regular cab isn't too roomy. Does anyone have this setup and how do they like it? In addition I am hoping the cover will improve gas mileage and the ride quality as well. Can I expect this from the cover? Thanks!

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...yes, the tonneau will help in your gas mileage, i don't know how much but i could feel the difference...

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
FastEd1500 said:
Sweet! Whats inside that box?
its a surprise :thatfunny

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I have the same lid and Bedrug combo. I love having my tonneau and Bedrug. Hell I had the bedrug over a year before I even bought my ARE. It may help mpg a hair, I never calculated before and after. I just needed one to store crap back there and make it more convenient for traveling and such.

As far as helping ride quality, I don't know what your looking for? I don't believe I noticed any difference in the way the truck drove before or after. But I was already lowered with sway bars before. So on a stock truck I couldn't say. But I got a coupon for mine from Costco's automotive website. Take it in to your nearest participating ARE dealer and you present the coupon and your card and get a discounted price. :tup:

KB

Al aka Axe aka Moparfan has the same setup too. I believe he has some pics of his tonneau open showing the bedrug inside. Might check his gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KB112 said:
As far as helping ride quality, I don't know what your looking for? I don't believe I noticed any difference in the way the truck drove before or after. But I was already lowered with sway bars before. So on a stock truck I couldn't say. But I got a coupon for mine from Costco's automotive website. Take it in to your nearest participating ARE dealer and you present the coupon and your card and get a discounted price. :tup:
Thanks for the feedback. The reason I thought it would help ride quality is because of the extra weight in the back of the truck. Hopefully make it a little less bouncy. I know its a truck, but I spill more coffee going over bumps.

Where did you find the coupon? I couldn't find it on the website?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Go to www.costcoauto.com then click on vehicle accesories in the left menu. There will be an ARE logo and link at the top of the new page. Click it and it tells you what to do from there. They have changed the program since I got mine, mine was a 20% off coupon. Now they offer $125 off,still a deal.

KB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.