DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a freind that has an 05 qc with the anti-spin rear 3.92 gear that he is going to trade in and i have an 06 with an open diff also 3.92 gear,so should i swap the rear ends?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
If he is willing hell yes

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well reason i ask is i had an 02 that had the clips break and the whole diff had to be replaced,did they fix this in later models?

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
No... as of 04, They still manufactured weak $hitty clips... They supposedly have a NEW part number for the "better" clips that are being used to replace broken factory clips but Im not sure if they have made it into production yet

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i do swap them out will the dealer be able to tell if it did'nt come with anti-spin?I do'nt know if the diff's have serial no#s that can be traced to the vin#.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
well the build sheet will tell what it came with from the factory...they will easily see that. Not sure if that would present an issue or what but in all honesty I'm sure if it came down to it they would find out its an 05 rear

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
seth505 said:
well the build sheet will tell what it came with from the factory...they will easily see that. Not sure if that would present an issue or what but in all honesty I'm sure if it came down to it they would find out its an 05 rear
I doubt it. When I worked at a ford dealership I did used car inspections on trade-ins from time to time. I can honestly say I never checked, or would have ever considered checking to see if someone had swapped rear axles with other vehicle :)

I say go for it.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
haha cool, in that case go for it. I was thinking more under a warranty claim...but still maybe they just find an F'ed up part and check part number and put new one in.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I thought there is a sticker inside of the glove box shows diff. type among with other info. Am I wrong?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.