DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i maid a post a fue days ago aboud SC and warranty well i was on my way to go buy one today and then my old man say why don't you go talk to terry witch retired from dodge fixing shit he was there for 27 years so i went up and seen him and he say's yes thay can tell if you chip the truck even if you uplaod the stock info back in it will atlest take 30miles of driving for it to all go back to norm.he say thay can tell buy say if you change the shift point to 5900 from 5500 thay can see that unless you drive it for a while

so what do you guys think about this. tru or bs?????:help::help:

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I would say it is pretty much true!
Most tuners leave a trace behind even after removal or back to stock...

·
2013 Sport
610 Posts
So, I guess beyond warranty issues (which I am way past now), what's the big deal about the dealership seeing that you've chip-tuned your vehicle? What do they have to say about it?

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
If you blow your motor or tranny you most likely will not have it covered under warranty...

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is true, I had a tuner on my F150 and put it back to stock when my trans went (@12k miles) and the dealer knew I had a tuner on it. They said they saw a few codes that were not normal and knew it was a tuner. They still fixed the trans under warranty though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think im not going to chip it untill my warranty is up cuz i don't got the $$$$ to fix a motor or trans so im just going to buy some hiflo cats and call it good

coldair intake
tru dule 2-supper 44
and hiflo cats should be good for what mabe 25hp?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.