Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New Member here but have perusing the forum for a little while trying to find info on Dodge Camper vans. The girlfriend and I are taking the plunge and moving into a van to put off real life a little bit longer.

We have discussed many possibilities:
Sprinter/ Promaster (very expensive and build intensive),
VW Van/Bus (not big enough or trustworthy),
Custom Build like Sportsmobile (again way to expensive).

So the other day on the usual Craigslist search I found a 2002 Dodge 3500 Phoenix camper. The post reads: Fully self contained class b camper van. Has rebuilt motor and transmission with under 5k miles per previous owner, have receipts. Runs perfect, needs nothing. Brand new tires (under 1000 miles) and coach battery.

A little more information Ive learned: $10,000 asking price. There is some sort of warranty on the rebuild but not sure what kind and if it transfers owners. It has 212,xxx original miles. Frame and body look solid, very little rust if any. The first test drive we took it on it ended up dying on us and had to be taken to the mechanic for a bad control module?

So my question to the professionals of this forum that know a lot more about these vans than me is, what would you look for or ask about before buying this van? Are there certain areas or parts that should be replaced routinely? Is 212,xxx miles to many on a 2002 to be trustworthy? How long can I expect the rebuilt motor and transmission to last for?

Any input and advice is much appreciated! As this van would be our home for the next foreseeable future I want to try and get as much feedback as possible before pulling the trigger.

Thank You for your Time!

Helivated Adventures in Colorado:rck:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.