DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has been in my family since it was ordered new back in late 1961 by my Dad and his sister. Her husband had just passed away and she kept this car until recently. She gave it to me. She is 94 and unable to drive anymore, my Father is 88 and he is almost unable to drive, the car is a 1962 Chevrolet Biscayne 235 six,(the last year for the Truck based 235 in G.M. cars I think), it has 26,890 original miles nad runs great! Manual Steering/brakes, has decent power,(for a chevy 6), NO rust/ corrosion I had it in my shop and polished the chrome and stainless, paint is decent but needs a good buffing,(so do I), :D I would love to install a 409 SuperStock and lose to the Mopar 62-65 Stockers,(but that wouldnt be any fun), or a Injected Iron 426 Hemi with trumpet injector stacks, narrowed dana, 727 ClutchFlite, heh heh :rck: or just leave it the way it is. :D

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BTW, I didn't afix them I just placed the stickers there and took a pic. Last body shot, Pretty nice shape isnt it? I wish so bad that it was a 62 Dodge 330 2 door post. :D (Besides the E-B body those are my favorite MoPars). She never drove the car at night, in the rain or snow, never wrecked, no rust anywhere. I dont have the room in my garage/shop so it has to remain at her home. I drove it 3 times last year. It drives horribly, compared to my Challenger or any modern car. Any. But it is a piece of American Automotive history. The simplicity is a marvel to behold compared to any production automobile today.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
That is one nice looking old Chevy. :D

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
That car is beggin for a 409 with a set of steelies and baby moons :)

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just out of curiosity. What would anyone think if a MoPar 426 Hemi with trumpet injector stacks,(Hilborn E.F.I.), mild street strip build, TorqueFlite, Narrowed Dana, bigger brakes,black steelies& decent rubber, body stock? I've seen countless MoPars like older A-Bodies Valiants&Barracudas, pre 1960 Dodge Trucks ect. with Ford and G.M. engines in them? I know it would probably cause a few eyebrows to be raised by the bowtie clan but what about the Chrysler people?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
My personal opinion would be to leave it with Chev power. If you have access to a 426 I would find a period Mopar to put it in. That car is too nice to butcher.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ram3500Dually said:
My personal opinion would be to leave it with Chev power. If you have access to a 426 I would find a period Mopar to put it in. That car is too nice to butcher.
Yeah, you are very right about that! It was just a fantasy. I think someday when she's gone I'll sell it to a good home. ;)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
that is a sweet looking car, yes it isn't a mopar but you still have to respect it since those are the cars that made mopars of the 62-65 area look and run good. :rck:

i think it would make one heck of a local cruise-in car even with the 6 cylinder in it since you just don't see very many cars of that year in that good of shape.

put it back and get it out every once in awhile and drive it, just be sure to put a ski mask on so no one will know it's you driving it. :D

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:thatfunny :thatfunny Ski Mask! Woudnt it be funny if the fuzz pulled me over with it on, and I told them I had a MoPar 'rep' to adhere to! :rck: (As they were leading me away in restraints) :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
threetwos said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny Ski Mask! Woudnt it be funny if the fuzz pulled me over with it on, and I told them I had a MoPar 'rep' to adhere to! :rck: (As they were leading me away in restraints) :D
no, that would only happen to me and with my luck i would be a perfect match to a fellow who just robbed a local bank. :WHT:

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had a shooting last week, a guy in a lifted black 4x4 pickup shot and killed a man near the river. He then stabbed the guy 34 times after shooting him full of holes. Sounded personal to me. I drive by there everyday and then it hit me. :D BTW, I have since removed those decals :D

Attachments

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
LOL @ the bullet holes in the door :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.