DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since im low on cash im VERY interested in this wire. where can i get details on how to find it and cut it ( and be 100% sure im cutting the right thing ) ? ? ? ? i can always splice it back together if i wanted to. DETAILS PLEASE GUYS..... or a link, ha ha . thanx

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Do a search of posts by me for "switch" or "the switch" and you'll find what I used... i liked it very much.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
If your truck has both a PCM on the firewall and a TCM (silver box near the PCM, bolted to the inside of the fender) then you pull the one and only connector off of the TCM, pull out the cable holder, and pull wire #10 the yellow with green stripe. You can pull it out and put the entire connector assembly back together and hook it back up. This way you can put it back without cutting.

I've had it off full time and love it. Don't want a switch because I have no interest in turning it back on.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt find your " switch " post in the search. id rather just unplug mine if its as easy as the one i read about just popping the #10 wire out of the harness behind the air box

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
sgrizzle said:
If your truck has both a PCM on the firewall and a TCM (silver box near the PCM, bolted to the inside of the fender) then you pull the one and only connector off of the TCM, pull out the cable holder, and pull wire #10 the yellow with green stripe. You can pull it out and put the entire connector assembly back together and hook it back up. This way you can put it back without cutting.

I've had it off full time and love it. Don't want a switch because I have no interest in turning it back on.
What is the actual benefit of pulling this wire off?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Basically it kills the torque management. I hear gains of .25-.4 in the 1/4 mile just from the tmr mod ont he 03s.

KB

·
Registered
175 Posts
KB112 said:
Basically it kills the torque management. I hear gains of .25-.4 in the 1/4 mile just from the tmr mod ont he 03s.

KB
So by disabling the Torque management, there is more torque available when you step on it?

Sorry for the questions, but I am really interested on this

Thanks

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Not really. Torque Management is a program that "blips the throttle" between shifts. It's supposed to 1) Ease driveline shock as the next higher gear is engaged, and 2) further help the smooth "Nancy" shift that DCX is appeasing the masses with.

What it actually does is take you off of WOT for a split second, upping your ET's and opening the door for that guy you're racing against.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
It's not that there's more torque... but not as much is taken away.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
so does anyone have a walk through for this mod? I looked at the TMR wire (green w/ yellow stripe) and I was wondering if I have to pull the whole wire assembly in order to yank the TMR wire.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I t bypasses the tourque management system on 03's only.
A few have ruinrd their tranny's with this mod.
The dealerships are aware of it also if tampered with.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Superchips says their programmer disables. I think hypertech is the same way.

If you're afraid of a programmer, don't try this. Otherwise it's safe. It generates positive shifts which are BETTER for your transmission. If someone did this mod and dropped a tranny, they had a bad transmission to start with. Plus, I GUARANTEE they didn't lose their transmission after doing the TMR mod on a hemi with more miles than mine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I will try this mod in my 03

·
Fromunda
733 Posts
I did it on mine a long time ago. Don't cut the wire, just take it out of the connector, in case you want to put it back someday.

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
TREP R/T said:
I t bypasses the tourque management system on 03's only.
A few have ruinrd their tranny's with this mod.
The dealerships are aware of it also if tampered with.
I thought it worked for 02's, too....or is this not the case??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.