DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the page link belowe appears to indicate that the yellow wire is in the bottom-most connector. Even for us NGC (4 prong) PCM guys;

http://www.dodgetrucks.org/home/hemilove/tmr.html

Has anyone done the TMR mod along with the TransGo shift kit w/resistor?

Or would that be tooooooo much?

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
You could always disable the TM wire and go for a test drive to see if its too much.....I would think that with your shift kit and the wire diabled it would shift hard!

Nick

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have thought about doing that ... but I am not sure I want to be shifting it too hard because after the resistor install it was REALLY hard initially before the PCM re-learned things and now it's real firm/almost hard :D

What are suggestions when dealing with the wire - cutting OR pulling it out of the connector?

I'm not a wiring wizard so I am curious. Thanks :tup:

Where you been Sprocket, hadn't seen you in a while.

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
MiniCwik said:
Where you been Sprocket, hadn't seen you in a while.

Been really busy at work, havent had time to look around on the board.
If you can pull the wire out of the connector. Or if you can you could always cut the wire and install a quick connector so that when you know that you will need a harder shift for like a race........you can disconnect it. Just a thought.

Nick

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I can understand being busy with work ...

I think I may test this out this weekend, cutting and then installing the quick disconnect.

Bump ... any other thoughts on this? TMR cancel plus SC plus Shift Kit?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
You can pull the wire out pretty easily and put it back if needed.

I have the 4-harness block (PCM) on my firewall and I pulled the TM wire on my TCM (1 connector)

It is yellow/green stripe. basically in the middle.

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have to unplug the PCM connector to do so?

Thanks!

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
MiniCwik said:
Did you have to unplug the PCM connector to do so?

Thanks!
TCM, but yeah.

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which plug is that, this image below shows it as the bottom-most one labelled 4 in the pic.

Does this match yours?

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you look at the picture it is not going into terminal #4. Not sure where it goes though. I talked with a transmission shop today about putting in a shift kit. I already had SuperChips which shifts fairly firm at WOT and will bark them in second sometimes. The guy at the tranny shop said we could increase our line pressure at the throttle body which will firm up the shifts. Supposedly there is a cable on the left side of the TB. You just push down on the cable and lengthen it so to speak. Anyone familiar with this?

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Hemi is fly-by-wire, there are no cables. You could run the tmr mod with the shift kit as long as you don't have the Flashpaq. That raises the line pressure and running a shift kit with the resistor is a quick way to kill the tranny. If you have the 3715 though, you should be able to run it.

Andrew

·
Registered
768 Posts
2k2_AtlanticBlu said:
Hemi is fly-by-wire, there are no cables.
Hi 2K2_Atlanticblue,

I am not sure about "The Cable". My truck is in FL with my wife at the moment until Thanksgiving. I brought her car ( 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS ) back with me to MS to do some routine maintenance on it such as brakes, tranny service, and a good coat or two of polish. I have not looked at my throttle body yet for obvious reasons ^ but I don't think he was talking about a throttle cable though. But then again he could be all wet too. We will see at Thanksgiving. I have the SuperChips #3715 and I am going to try to cut the TMR wire and install a quick disconnect (Male/Female) connector and see what happens. It now has a pretty crisp 1-2 shift at WOT that will bark sometimes. I got that firmness with the Superchips. I would like a noticeable firmness at normal shift rpms without being too firm at WOT. I don't want to break sh!t. Has anyone else tried the TMR mod yet?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Another point that I would like to add is that I am retired USAF and now currently working as a Civil Service Automotive Technician for the USAF. I am not saying this to say I know more than any of you, so please bear with me and read on.... The Federal Government is very "ANAL" on being environmentally friendly, and the United States Air Force takes "First Place" of all I have seen. I have to cut filters apart every day. The cans are washed out and turned in as scrap metal. The filter cartridges are crushed hydraulically to squeeze oil of the oil, fuel, anti-freeze, or anything else out of them and the crushed filter element is turned in as Hazardous Waste along with the squeezings which is in a seperate barrel. I have cut every name brand known to man and I have never seen anything alarming in any of them. Paper elements or paper elements incased in metal. I did this last week find metal in a Luberfiner filter, however, that was from a '04 Chevrolet Impala Police Car that had spun a rod bearing so it would stand to reason that it would have metal particles in it. Still have not seen anything alarming in cutting any of them apart and I cut them daily.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
If you are just wanting to run Superchips with the tmr mod, then don't bother. I have been running it since the 3715 came out and didn't notice a difference. I had the tmr mod a while before the tuner came out and just left the wire unhooked. No difference it shifting that I could tell. Now if you were to add the Transgo shift kit, that might be a different story. I should shift pretty hard, and with the Flashpaq tuner on the '04+ it would be too much. But the 3715 doesn't raise the tranny line pressure so you should be ok to run all three.

Andrew

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ok,

Well first of all let me explain that no I am not on drugs LOL. The second reply was suppose to be in another thread. So where can I get a transgo kit at? Thanks in advance. Hmmmm let's make sure this is going in the right thread LOL.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
Yeah, I didn't what to say it but WHAT?!!! Anyway, just look around, I think may of the sponsors on here carry it. You want to get the full kit, not the rebuild one. It runs around $110. Sorry I don't have the p/n for it. Run a search for the shift kit and you should find plenty of answers. And good luck with it!

Andrew

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
PatriotBlueHemi said:
If you look at the picture it is not going into terminal #4. Not sure where it goes though. I talked with a transmission shop today about putting in a shift kit. I already had SuperChips which shifts fairly firm at WOT and will bark them in second sometimes. The guy at the tranny shop said we could increase our line pressure at the throttle body which will firm up the shifts. Supposedly there is a cable on the left side of the TB. You just push down on the cable and lengthen it so to speak. Anyone familiar with this?
I think the cable you're talking about is the TV cable. It USED to be used on non-elec trannies. It gives the tranny an idea of throttle position (that plus vacuum measurement told it which way to shift, and how long to hold it). I can't say for sure which models have it, which trannies vs. which motors.

I do know that the only cables hooked to my TB are throttle and cruise control.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
I can't say for sure which models have it
The 3.9,5.2,and 5.9. The 4.7 has a throttle cable, but nothing for the tranny.

Andrew

·
RamByBlood
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Andrew, and yes I have the 3715 SC tuner, the TransGO shift kit with the resistor installed, and am thinking of testing the TMR mod to see how much better the shifts can get.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Superchips says their programmer disable TM also, so the mod would just be duplicating efforts. I think hypertech is the same way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.