DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine has an extended cab Titan and was at the track yesterday with some of our members. He ran a best of 13.86 @ 98mph on motor and a 13.06 @ 104mph on spray. I was at the track with him a few weeks ago here in Houston and he went a 13.92. His only difference last night was that he raised his tire pressure from 18psi to 25psi...And the weather was warmer as well, so this might be the first mid 13 second titan. Some of the bolt on hemi guys better watch out :D

1,971 Posts
Ya i raced him yesterday i didn't know he was all motor on that pass I still beat him though by .01 his time was faster that pass though because i hot lapped my truck and ran a 13.93 to his 13.86..after i cooled down my next pass i ran a 13.80..it was a nice looking truck though.. suprised me a titan could catch me up top all motor though i had him by a nearly a tenth in the 1/8th then he started catching me..

· Banned
466 Posts
I agree they are a quick little truck. I went against one last week and he beat me. He was completely stock and I had Superchips and an intake. I was pissed!!!

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zemog255 said:
Ya i raced him yesterday i didn't know he was all motor on that pass I still beat him though by .01 his time was faster that pass though because i hot lapped my truck and ran a 13.93 to his 13.86..after i cooled down my next pass i ran a 13.80..it was a nice looking truck though.. suprised me a titan could catch me up top all motor though i had him by a nearly a tenth in the 1/8th then he started catching me..
He told me that he raced you and that he saw Randy there as well...I dont know if he raced Randy though. He said there was a black hemi there as well on spray? Who was that? Here is a video link to his runs a few weeks ago when I was at the track with him here on Houston...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c8c3c9ae-fe56-4479-bf6f-99d000319edc.htm

1,971 Posts
Im not sure who that was i think randy may have knew him he didn't park with us..The best i saw him run was 13.8* but i didn't watch him much i did see he had a open rear end so im sure he had fun with traction..

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris (Titan Guy :D) said that he saw the black truck with a nitrous bottle in his hands, so he assumed he was on spray. Did you get to see the Titan make any runs on the juice? If not, he is uploading videos today, so I will post the new link when he gets them up and running.

1,971 Posts
Ya i saw the guy was on spray too he had a nice big bottle he pulled out from behind his seat..I didn't stay long it started heating up and my dad and i were ready to go. my dad got a 12.5 out of his car i ran it once and sucked it up i still managed a 12.9 though but i was shifting at nearly 7k compared to he normally shifts at 6200 needless to say he will shift it my way now he told me i couldn't slam 3rd lol i barked the tires on every shift haha i did another pass and did alot worse and smoked them off the line then bogged it into 2nd ran a 14.0 @ 109 lol

· Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,213 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
He told me that he raced you and that he saw Randy there as well...I dont know if he raced Randy though. He said there was a black hemi there as well on spray? Who was that? Here is a video link to his runs a few weeks ago when I was at the track with him here on Houston...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c8c3c9ae-fe56-4479-bf6f-99d000319edc.htm
Can't remember the guys name, but I've seen him at Kennedale a few times. He's running a 50 shot with a flowmaster cat back, CAI, and Superchips I think. He has a 3.92 open rear and in full street trim with those mods and factory 20's yesterday he ran a 13.6X.

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
austin4.7l said:
hes running a 125 shot,figured hed be faster for all the mods and that biga shot
He is running a 13.86 on motor...and a 13.03 @ 106mph on spray. He only had 900psi in the bottle which isnt going to make any power on the big end...and that was only a 1.97 60' time...The Titans computer pulls timing down low for some reason, so they have a hard time running any kind of fast 60' ET's.

Also, his truck weighs 5400lbs with driver...I thought it was 5200, but it is heavier than that.

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
05whitehemi said:
On his dragtimes webpage it shows him at 4870 Here and Here :D
That was probably the lowest he ever got it and that is also without driver.

I was at the scale with him at HRP and it showed 5200lbs...Yesterday he didnt do as much weight reduction and he said the scale showed 5400lbs. And Chris is a big guy as well...probably 250-275

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
A friend of mine has an extended cab Titan and was at the track yesterday with some of our members. He ran a best of 13.86 @ 98mph on motor and a 13.06 @ 104mph on spray. I was at the track with him a few weeks ago here in Houston and he went a 13.92. His only difference last night was that he raised his tire pressure from 18psi to 25psi...And the weather was warmer as well, so this might be the first mid 13 second titan. Some of the bolt on hemi guys better watch out :D
psh...

· Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,213 Posts

1,971 Posts
Since when did cai and superchips and Nitrous become heavlily moded cams headers etc..? The guy was even in full street trim on 20's..

· I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
14,475 Posts
Titans are ghey.

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.