DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or are tire prices going up Ive been looking to get a set soon but everytime I check they go up, What Gives?

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
Yes...tires are nuts. That is why you need to buy your tires from www.treadwright.com. I am running the BFG AT tread pattern tires from them right now on my lifted ZJ and I couldn't be happier. And I saved $200 on the set too. These tires are awesome, work great, save you money, and help the environment.

:)

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
I always thought retreads were illegal.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Big Red, How long have you been running them? I was looking at them, and they have great reviews, but wasn't too sure on them. Do you have any pics you can post up?

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
Iam interested in this, but I am worried about how they hold up and wear. I read that you aren't supposed to use them as steering tires because it puts too much stress on the binding.

·
Registered
296 Posts
they are definetly going up. I just paid 688.00 for a set of nitto 305/40/22 tires. and that was with free standard shipping. tomorrow is finally the day they will be arriving. I cant wait :D

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Prices on EVERYTHING are going up.

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
??

they are definetly going up. I just paid 688.00 for a set of nitto 305/40/22 tires. and that was with free standard shipping. tomorrow is finally the day they will be arriving. I cant wait :D
That doesn't really sound that expensive. What does this size normally run?

·
Registered
296 Posts
cheapest i found was 113 and the most was 331 per tire

·
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!
733 Posts
And it will cost about $100 to get them mounted!!!! Well 20s(and bigger) anyway.

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
Iam interested in this, but I am worried about how they hold up and wear. I read that you aren't supposed to use them as steering tires because it puts too much stress on the binding.

The tires are wearing great! Actually, I've got hundreds of miles on the set since I put them on a week or two ago, and the little rubber "nipples" are still on them! These things will probably last at least 50K. They balanced out pretty good...no harsh vibrations from 0-60. They have AWESOME traction in the rain. They ARE DOT legal...even says so on the sidewalls.

As far as how they look...just pull up the BFG AT on the web...and that is EXACTLY what they look like. :)

I'm running the 31x10.50s on my ZJ....$393 to my front door, then paid $52 to have them mounted and balanced at Walmart. The 285s are a bit more...but you still save money over new tires for the Ram!! When the tires on my Ram are shot, I'm going to be looking at treadwright.com again!

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
Thats this biggest thing I am worried about is the cap coming off on the road.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Yeah, IMHO I am scared of the idea. Don't wanna wind up upside down or facing oncoming just to save a couple hundred. If I did buy them I'd only do rears, and even then... :dunno:
Just my .02.

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
Go to their website. www.treadwright.com and then click on "testamonials". They have LOTS of great reviews. The magazines like Petersens, Fourwheeler, etc. have tested them lately and they loved them too. They even aired them down for the trail, and beat them on the rocks, and had NO issues with them!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
They do seem to have good reviews...but I doubt they would post bad ones anyway. I'm not disagreeing they seem to be good tires. I can't get them even if I wanted b/c they say on their site 315/70's and up are for off road use only...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know about those but on an offroad rig only killer deal for some mt's

·
Registered
452 Posts
688 for tires? That's nothing! I just payed $1,100 and that was AT COST. (I work at Discount Tire.) They'll be arriving shortly.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
is it me or are tire prices going up Ive been looking to get a set soon but everytime I check they go up, What Gives?
Bob, one word: OIL
Tires are pretty energy intensive things to manufacture and they get hit hard by oil price hikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts