DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a daystar 2" leveling kit on my 2007 1500 big horn qc with 35/12.50r20 on the stock wheels and wow it looks awesome but on the top wishbone its way too close, im talking like maybe an eigth of an inch!!! maybe, and when i turn, talk about sum rubbing going on. What do i do besides get diff rims?????

·
Registered
129 Posts
You would have to get different rims. I would not use spacer, I had a bad experience with those before when one actually cracked and talk about WOBBLE big time! You have to pay close attention to the type of tires you get because even though most companies have the same so called size tire they are all different widths and heights. You probably should have went with a 35/11/20 and you would not have had any problems. I am looking at 275/65/20 which is 11" Wide and 34.9" tall should fit right in there with my Rancho Quick Lift.

Its the factory back spacing that gets you....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I Have Had Bad Experiences With The Daystar Lift... Take It Over A Speed Bump Going Faster Than 3mph And It Will Hit The Frame!
I Will Never Do That On A Truck Again!

Do A Cst Spindle Kit!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i have a 2" level kit and went with 305/55/20 tires on stock 20s...looks sweet and no rub

·
Registered
125 Posts
You would have to use a wheel spacer. There are a few guys on this forum that are using a 1/4 inch to run 35 x 12.50's. I only have about 3/8 of a inch with my 275/65/20 and minor rubbing.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
if you are rubbing enough to scrape rubber off the side wall you have to either get a 1/4" spacers(about $16) or new wheels with less backspacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts