DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Work in progress...
3,271 Posts
A few months back I decided to change out the tires from the bald stock goodyears. I came to the conclusion that the best tires you can buy from everything I had read on the internet were the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. They have almost perfect ratings at www.tirerack.com and I never read anything bad about them. Unfortunately they wanted $650 for a set of those at Tires Plus. I did the next best thing and got some BFG A/T's at Sams Club for about $550. I guess you get what you pay for.

Just something else to think about when you drive in a lot of snow. Most people will tell you that a narrower tire is better. A wide tire will ride on top of the snow where it is more soft and slippery. A narrower tire will "cut" through the snow and dig to the harder packed snow with better traction. Hope this helps...

Edit: I didn't mean in any way to make the BFG's sound like bad tires. I love mine, they have tons more traction than the stock goodyears, and if your wife ever had to do some offroading to get to the shopping mall, the BFG's will probably do a bit better with the more aggressive, mud terrain-like, pattern.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.