DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had my truck lifted 3000 miles ago and the tires that the shop put on maxxis mudders 305/70/17 are all ready down to the damn nubs and i don't understand why, the guy at the shop had it aligned when they were first put on and i took it back two days later because my steering wheel would stop bouncing, i need some damn help with this I'm just frazzled.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
they shouldn't be

the buckshots are a great tire, go to a different shop this time in my opinion

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Were they brand new tires?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't what to go else where i want the A$$ hole to fix his job if he had it "aligned " the second time the right Way i should be having this problem right??

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya they were brand new

·
5,089 Posts
yeah you shouldn't be having this problem

my brother-in-law runs buckshots on his work truck, as well as his whole company, and they get 40k out of each set, but that only lasts 2 months or so

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had them put on when i got my lift i have never had a tire die so fast on me i only drive like 40 miles a day max maybe 10 on the freeway th rest is city

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i live in cali so i do have some buyers rights as far as getting thid fixed but if it is aligned then possibly he installed something wrong on the lift????

·
5,089 Posts
how are they wore?

is it all 4? inside of the fronts, outsides of the front? give me some details to work with and I'll see if I can pinpoint it

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it only with the fronts and only on the outside f the tire, what has gone on is he was notified of the problem i took it back he changed the all ready balding tires from the front to the back and put the back on the fronts, so like new again on the front. the another 1000 goes by and the same problem crops up down to the nub only on the outside

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he told me that when he change the fronts to the back and backs to front that he had it aligned againg and the new rears were on back order. that was almost a month ago, and since then the problem persists

·
Registered
244 Posts
well sounds like the lift wasnt put in right ... I had the same lift on my prevous truck and its was a Bitch to align properly ...but I didnt see that kind of wear on the tires. I would say something didnt get put in properly or his idea of an alignment was counting threads and guestimating. What was put on new when you added the 6 inch lift?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was the 6" fabtech and 17X9 XD wheels 5X5.5 thats all that was put on the truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.