Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:
You guys have been alot of help with some of my other questions so I thought that I would give this a shot. Anybody know what the biggest size tires and wheels I can put under my 77 D-100 without it rubbing anywhere? Its a stock setup with no lift other than brand new springs all the way around. I'd like to fill up the wheel wells.
I'm in the process of a complete rebuild of my 77. Powder coated the frame, new stainless steel brake and fuel lines, rebuilt rearend with a posi unit from West coast differentials, all polyurethane bushings new steering box, and all new steering linkages and ends. I'll try and post some pics if I can find my digital camera. This has been an ongoing project that has been on hold for awhile but now I'm getting back into it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Are you looking to put 15" or larger rims on???? Its a D-100??.... So I take its 2wd..
Now is this for "show" or "GO" or both????
& guess I'm saying... We need more info.. & pics wouldn't hurt either!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd go with 15x8 or wider in the back if it's a 2wd. Maybe 15x8's up front. Idk... our has 15x7 factory and they look puny (read: wheelgap).

Pics never hurt :tup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
Not sure what size rims I want to use. I'm thinking that bigger is better providing that I dont have to lift the truck. I also want to make sure that I can adapt a speedometer to the new size. Since I'm starting from scratch (new dash, new guages etc) I dont think that will be much of a problem. It is a 2wd truck and it's not really for show, more for go, but I do want it to look sharp. It's mainly going to be used for highway driving, but I want it to be able to tow just about anything without breathing hard. I'm just starting on her and so far I have the frame off, powder coated, all new stainless steel lines, rebuilt differential with aftermarket posi gears and a complete rebuild of the entire front end. New polyurethane bushings throughout new springs and steering system, with everything else powder coated. I'm still working on the tranny rebuild (mod) and engine build. Pics are forthcoming as soon as I figure out how to post them (and find my digital camera.)
Also, I notice that you guys have a list of your trucks and mods after most of the postings. How do you do that (I'm new at forum postings). It's getting tedious retyping the same stuff eveytime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I noticed that I said most of this twice in the same thread.....too much beer tonight.....

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Lol^^

I've had 31's on a D-100, clears easily in the rear, just barely scrubbed in the front, on the rear of the wheel well, only at full lock. So 30's will fit no problem. 275/60/15's also fill it out nicely. Basically, rim size doesn't matter, as long as the overall heaight is about 30".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.