DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright its been a while since i have posted, but i have a 95 dakota. I have 15x6 rims and i have installed a 2 inch body lift a while ago. Now i am trying to get tires. I have decided on a 31inch bf goodrich all terrain tire. My dad is willing to pay for the tires, now he went around and asked some places and they said that the 31 inch tire wasnt going to beable to fit without getting bigger rims. However when i asked around when i was installing the lift the places i asked said that it would work. I'm planning on calling around tomorrow and seeing if i can figure it out but
has anyone put bigger tires on there stock rims and had problems what did you guys do? I need HELP will the bf roodrich 31 inch tires work? Heres the measurements of the 31s i want, 31x10.50R15/C 109S.
I need some help really soon because my tires are bad its not really safe to drive on them and i need new ones. I need help please anything would be great and i need answers fast as well im going back to school in a week and need to get things figured out. If anything is unclear ask and ill explain please help

·
Registered
487 Posts
correct me if im wrong but i've heard 10.5's on a 6inch wide rim is hard to get it to seal right all the way around. best if used on 7 or 8 inch wide wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
a 10.5" tire will seat onto a 6" rim, just not very well. If you take a sharp corner or hit a bump or anything to push against the sidewall of the tire the tire can pop off the bead very easily.

Would definately suggest a wider rim, summit racing has rims for as low as under $50 each for your Dakota.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit so it looks like im going to be stuck getting new rims then as well unless i just get the stock size all terrain tires or get a smaller size that will fit, my dad prob wont be happy about it if i get rims so looks like im going stuck with getting smaller tires or new rims

·
Crazy4x4RT
1,341 Posts
No you will be fine. I have 33x12.5r15 I Have had apsolutly no problems with them at all. They are on stock rims. they seat okay. I have done serious offroading. rocks high speed turns. I abuse the sh*t out of my tires. They have never poped off. nothing like that. The 31s will be perfect for you. expecaly since you got the body lift. Go for it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i would have loved to get the 31s+ but no one will put them on and give warranty and all the stuff my dad wants out of it, but they will put 30s on so i just went with it and it was either a new free set of tires or me pulling out a grand for tires and rims and my dad not being happy with me for putting that money in my truck when im a poor college kid

ooo well i dont plan on ever selling this truck, and some day it will have all the bells and whistles i want

30s are on and installed now time to relocate my front bumper, fix a part of the frame to crank the torrsion bars, get new leafsprings........ its a never ending prodject
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.