DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of new tires for my 02 sxt 2wd dakota. I have kind of narrowed it down between the Yokohama Geolander H/T-s and the Toyo Open County A/T. I'm having trouble deciding on the highway tire or the All Terrain tire. I do mostly highway driving back and forth to work (70 mile round trip), but I am an avid hunter and fisherman, so my travels occasionally take me off-road. I live in SW Missouri, so I do occasionally have to deal with snow and ice but rarely do we have over 6" at a time. I guess the problem I'm having is deciding whether the additional noise and comprimised ride smoothness and treadwear is worth the additional traction and beefier apperance of the A/T. I can also get the A/Ts for about $12 cheaper per tire. I was just curious if any one had any experience with either of these tires. I am open to any input or suggestions on either of these tires or any other tires for that matter. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi, welcome, i just hit 5000 miles on my 265/70/16 toyo open countries,on 10/13/06,their on a dakota 04 4x4 with a 3 inch body lift.They replaced the original wranglers.the truck has 48000+ miles and if they make anymore noise than when the truck wa stone stock i cant tell the difference.get the toyos you will have no problems with them.They ride great are pretty stoutnice a/t tread and i would defanitely buy again. thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
i'd go with toyo a/t's youre looking at. i've had those and got good life out of 'em, and they took me everywhere i wanted to go....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had the A/T's. They did well in all types of weather. I have the same truck as you, so I know that they should handle similarly. The wasn't too impressed with the treadlife though. I had about 50% left when I switched over to R/T wheels....So I'd say I got about 25,000 miles out of the first 50%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.