DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a leveling kit installed Wednesday. Front end alignment done Thursday. Now, when I do some "spirited" cornering, the front tires complain quite a bit. Does anyone know if this might be a result of the leveling (2 1/2") or did the alignment actually put the front end back to "normal" which is a fair amount of protesting from the tires?

·
Registered
174 Posts
From the tires, [assuming they are new] you would get radial pull and/or a chirp[not a whine]. It could also be from a new pivot scrub line[centerline of the turning point in the tire/front end], this is from changing tire/wheel width.

From the front end, could be bearings or a loose ? problem. I have a squeal that appears around 36-40 turning left or loaded[1200lb+] heading downhill.

The more my 04 makes noises the more I just want to run my 81[she had whine, gear slap, bearing pitch, and it never even mattered, (gave up on a radio, no point) took rust, a thrown rod, and a blown break line to sideline her].

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires definitely NOT new. Bridgestone Alenzas with maybe 30K. They were on the truck when I bought it in August. Stock 17" wheels. Not getting any pulling. These are some really fun s-curves close to home taken at about 60 mph or so. Same curves taken at about the same speed last week produced no squeal except on the paint stripes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does it sound like a bearing noise or a suspension noise? The bearing noise will be under stress and the suspension will be random.
It is possible that the bearing preload was designed to take the nose heavy factory product. Now with the leveled out truck some of the front weight is balanced and distributed to the rear. This lack of designed weight may play a part in the noise.
If is just noise and there is no slight change in tone[thunk, bang, thud] then there might not be a major issue. It may just be the suspension trying to train itself to the new riding parameters.
Good luck , Bear

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turned out to be as simple as tire pressure. With the cooler temps we've had lately, the fronts were down to 26# and the rears 24#. Fronts now at 36, rears at 32. Now those double s-curves are fun again! Thanks for the input, folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts